Rumor: Dater: MacKinnon Seeking to Be the NHL's Highest Paid Player

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
A flat cap hometown discount could be a post-flat cap bargain for a player that was grossly underpaid on his last contract.

The Avs would feel pain, but it would just be very short-term.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
A few years ago he said he would take another discount but after winning a cup this year and taking some advice from one of the great ones, Adrian Dater, I found a quote from him:

"Maybe...maybe, you know, just **** it. I'll just go in next year and be the highest paid player."

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
But he'll be turning 30 at some point so that will automatically make him overpaid
-smooth brained HF posters
It works like this on HF:

- prior to their draft, they're too young to accurately assess
- the moment they're drafted, they're total shit because they're not proven yet, but the fans of the team that drafted the prospect think he's the greatest player of all time
- once they're young and established in the NHL, the clock is ticking on the years of team control so they're not worth as much in a trade as a 14-year old that can do fancy hockey tricks on social media
- once they're on their 2nd contract they're going to eventually be a UFA so they suck
- once they're on their 3rd contract they're old as shit so they doubly suck
- if they're 35+ they should honestly be dead and buried because they don't deserve to play over a prospect that can't even cut it in the AHL

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So Much for him saying a while back that he would take a pay cut to help Colorado stay within cap and build and balanced team :)
Been there done that. He was underpaid and led his team to a cup. Now it's time to get paid

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
So Much for him saying a while back that he would take a pay cut to help Colorado stay within cap and build and balanced team :)
He did already win a cup. There are plenty of greats that didn't over their career. Might as well pad his bank account now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Bullshit. Obviously he's going to want to get paid, but "seeking to be the NHL's highest paid player"? Lol

If MacKinnon cares more about money than the big picture, then I'll throw my hands up in the air and admit I didn't see that coming.

EDIT: Apparently Dater has no facts. Don't spend your money.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionsDen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad