Waived: Darroll Powe, Arron Asham (7/5: Both Clear)

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Still Pyatt is a better player than Asham. So maybe Pyatt will be a 13th. Or since AV likes him he will play first line minutes :)

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I really liked Powe; despite not registering a point for us, he gave his all every shift, and was a great PK/Shot blocker for us...would have liked to have him for the 13th forward...

Kershaw

I thought Asham was fine, but seeing Powe play made me miss Mike Rupp at times.....

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Well both could still be on the team but obviously they want someone to take them. I called this earlier that guys would go on waivers.

I imagine both dont get claimed but Sather is hoping they do

why is Pyatt not waived btw?

Punxrocknyc19*

Well both could still be on the team but obviously they want someone to take them. I called this earlier that guys would go on waivers.

I imagine both dont get claimed but Sather is hoping they do

why is Pyatt not waived btw?

Pyatt is an AV guy :sarcasm:

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Powe may get picked up by a team that has cap room and is looking for a good 12th/13th forward that is a very good PKer. Asham, I dont know who will pick him up, someone looking to add a bit of toughness for the 12th/13th spot.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Pyatt may be traded. Powe and Asham may not get claimed. Nothing has changed. Yet.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Pyatt played under AV and could be very useful with Cally and Hags both out to start the season, Pyatt was one of our best players to start the season. I expect no one will pick up Powe or Asham, but we will see. Lapierre will probably sign here tomorrow and I definitely think they are going to go after Matt Hendricks and Scuderi.

Punxrocknyc19*

Pyatt played under AV and could be very useful with Cally and Hags both out to start the season, Pyatt was one of our best players to start the season. I expect no one will pick up Powe or Asham, but we will see. Lapierre will probably sign here tomorrow and I definitely think they are going to go after Matt Hendricks and Scuderi.

im hoping for Scuderi also.... he is from NY.... Hendricks is ok but rather have Lindberg get a real chance to make the team...

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
im hoping for Scuderi also.... he is from NY.... Hendricks is ok but rather have Lindberg get a real chance to make the team...

Let's hope his in-laws don't have too much say in the matter, they are all Islander fans! Even if we sign Hendricks and Lapierre, Lindberg has a chance to make the team with Hags and Cally out to start the season, plus we could see Pyatt or Boyle traded depending on who we sign as FA, I prefer to keep Boyle though.

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Although I did not necessarily dislike Asham and Powe, I am happy with these moves. This opens up different options for our 4th line, such as allowing some youth to compete for a bottom line role. Or, of course, a UFA signing.

Punxrocknyc19*

Let's hope his in-laws don't have too much say in the matter, they are all Islander fans! Even if we sign Hendricks and Lapierre, Lindberg has a chance to make the team with Hags and Cally out to start the season, plus we could see Pyatt or Boyle traded depending on who we sign as FA, I prefer to keep Boyle though.

i think he wants to win one more cup. i think this could be his his last or close to last contract.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
I liked Asham

Powe was alright but he just didn't contribute anything offensively.

Green Blob*

Guys, just caused they were on waivers doesnt mean they are off the team...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If nobody claims powe or asham I believe we can stash them in ahl without impacting our cap not sure though.

Not right at all.

Both players are on one-way deals. During the summer, all one-way deals count against the cap.

If they want to put them in the minors, they'll have to put them through waivers in October. At that point, if unclaimed and assigned, any amount of their deal over $925k will count against the cap. I.E. $75k for Ashams deal.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
If nobody claims powe or asham I believe we can stash them in ahl without impacting our cap not sure though.

I believe it's only possible if the player got a cap hit of 925k or less with in the new CBA. Both of them ears around one million.

Edit: slow as hell.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
A lot of people will be very confused come opening night, it seems.

I'd be quite surprised if either Powe or Asham are picked up. They will most likely be around opening night unless we waive them then and they clear waivers, then they could be sent down.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
seems live Nucks fans are saying Pyatt and AV get along so he may stick. Powe and Asham will not both get pickedup , lucky if one does

Depth chart if they do

Nash, Stepan, Callahan
Hagelin, Richards, Kreider
Zuccarello, Brassard, Pyatt
Haley, Boyle, Dorsett
----------------------
Fast, Miller, Kristo
Mashinter, Lindberg, Hrvik

Sather is going to do something tommorow fo sho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad