Waived: Darroll Powe, Arron Asham (7/5: Both Clear)

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
As happy as I am about that, that also means they now have open spots that Sather can blow money on

What 33 year old bums is he going to bring in now

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Probably just to clear their salary off of the summer cap, if not mistaken. I would've hoped Pyatt would be there too, 1.5 million is expensive for a 4th liner/13th forward with the cap going down.

Kershaw

As happy as I am about that, that also means they now have open spots that Sather can blow money on

What 33 year old ****ers is he going to bring in now

Matt Hendricks and Alexei Ponikarovsky are good estimates. Also need the yearly goon.

Punxrocknyc19*

What 33 year old bums is he going to bring in now

Maxim Lapierre will be a Ranger tomorrow.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Probably just to clear their salary off of the summer cap, if not mistaken. I would've hoped Pyatt would be there too, 1.5 million is expensive for a 4th liner/13th forward with the cap going down.

They're allowed to go over the cap by 10 percent so that's not an issue. This is just a case of them trying to clear salary with guys they think have no trade value. Pyatt you could get something for, Powe and Asham probably not.

Don't think Powe will get claimed but I could see Asham getting picked up by someone for sure.

Green Blob*

Yea this doesnt mean anything. Nobody is going to claim them and we arent buying either of them out.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Maxim Lapierre will be a Ranger tomorrow.

For better or worse, agreed.

They're allowed to go over the cap by 10 percent so that's not an issue. This is just a case of them trying to clear salary with guys they think have no trade value. Pyatt you could get something for, Powe and Asham probably not.

Don't think Powe will get claimed but I could see Asham getting picked up by someone for sure.

That's true, even with 10% overage, $2 million matters.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

they will still count against the summer cap...i think they are hoping someone claims them and takes their salaries

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Exactly, so don't get too happy about it yet. Though I do think Lapierre will be a Ranger in the coming days.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I'll actually miss them. Powe, though he didn't score a point for us, busted his ass out there every shift it seemed and was a key PKer. Asham scored a couple of key goals in the latter part of the season with his nasty wrist shot.

Take care, guys. Best of luck in the future

Punxrocknyc19*

Exactly, so don't get too happy about it yet. Though I do think Lapierre will be a Ranger in the coming days.

i hope so... despite his dives, he is effective... AV coached him for 10 years counting his junior days... i think he will be effective here if he signs with Rangers... he is one of those you hate but would love on your team..

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
They both did their jobs here, neither of them makes much but every penny counts.
Asham had a very underrated wrister and he scored the series winner against Washington but he can be replaced internally hopefully. Powe did an amazing job in his role, but he is a dime a dozen player

Punxrocknyc19*

Fact or hunch?

hunch... he played for AV throuhout his 10 year career. AV seems to like him as a player... just a feeling... adds speed to the lineup and can play on the PK and annoy other players.. i can imagine Lapierre getting Kovalchuk to take a penalty

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Ugh. Wanted to keep Asham as 13th forward for rivalry games and waive Pyatt. Oh well.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Asham did a good job here, but I was never comfortable with him being on the Rangers. My brain says "I want to see this guy get punched" every time I see his face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad