Player Discussion Darnell Nurse | Evolution

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’m as big of a Nurse fan as any, but realistically his goal scoring will drop.

A 24 goal pace and a 10% shooting percentage is not likely to repeat. Even with a slight regression he should still be looking at a 15+ goal, 45+ point campaign next year with over 90% of that production coming at even strength
To be fair, he has scored double digit in goals twice

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I’m as big of a Nurse fan as any, but realistically his goal scoring will drop.

A 24 goal pace and a 10% shooting percentage is not likely to repeat. Even with a slight regression he should still be looking at a 15+ goal, 45+ point campaign next year with over 90% of that production coming at even strength

Yeah I think 15 goals is a pretty reasonable ask for him going into next year.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Came in 7th place in Norris votes.

qo0304qlla871.png

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Came here to post this, people love to **** on Nurse on this board, but it’s not a mistake he has developed the last few years into the defenseman he is now. Time will tell but he’s always had the tools to be an elite defenseman. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he’s a Norris finalist at this seasons end.
I would definitely be shocked if he was a Norris finalist. Not cause I think he is bad just having him be a finalist would be extremely hard to accomplish.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I would definitely be shocked if he was a Norris finalist. Not cause I think he is bad just having him be a finalist would be extremely hard to accomplish.
Essentially repeating last season again, over 82 games and IMO he’s a finalist. He finished 7th in voting last year, it’s insane to you that he could get into the top 3? Not me.

The issue will be, IMO, is that it’s essentially only based off points, with a small add to the overall game and Nurse gets minimal PP time.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Essentially repeating last season again, over 82 games and IMO he’s a finalist. He finished 7th in voting last year, it’s insane to you that he could get into the top 3? Not me.

The issue will be, IMO, is that it’s essentially only based off points, with a small add to the overall game and Nurse gets minimal PP time.
I think it would yes. With the media watching the entire league again it’ll be harder. Nurse isn’t good analytically so those guys won’t vote for him, the McDavid factor will hold him back and the fact that he will most likely be out scored by Barrie again would prevent him from ending a finalist.

if he outscores Barrie and substantially improves his analytics to actually appear like a #1 d on that part too then absolutely

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Not surprising. Despite his flaws *cough* positioning *cough* he's improved by leaps and bounds since he first started. Like I still remember his rookie year where he seemingly could not make a pass across the ice without it ending up on an opposing player's stick and now he's one of the best stretch pass/transition guys in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad