Darling

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
We had one of those guys in our room in the NCO school. When they came to roll call us for our last names and the initials of the first names in the first night, and we realized this was the case, we all looked at him with pity.

It’s not all bad. I’ve had my gf feeling guilty for five years for not being able to remember my middle name.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
We had one of those guys in our room in the NCO school. When they came to roll call us for our last names and the initials of the first names in the first night, and we realized this was the case, we all looked at him with pity.

Try enlisting with a hyphenated last name (unless its like Vasquez-Ramierez, apparently thats okay). I got told "who the f*** you think you are, Alphabet? Special? You only get ONE name"

To this day my military ID only has my first last name, and my passport and birth certificate have both. Creates hell with travel, banking, etc. I had to list it as an alias on my security clearance application.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So, not much?

I support this idea, actually. Not going to find a better low risk-high reward candidate than that, I don't think.

Doubt Ottawa would trade him. He’s been a key part of their team not only as a player but as a person. Everything he went through last year with his wife’s illness - the team really rallied around him. I know she’s better now but I don’t think he’d be keen on being a rental. He’ll probably re-up with the sens on a short term deal.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That may have been his thing, but he's 36. I'm not sure I like counting on a 36 year old with a big contract to bounce back for two more years. It may happen, but we've had enough goalie failures for me to risk that. Look another direction. Plus, we've already got one well paid goalie we're trying to get to bounce back from awful play. I'd think it'd be better to look for someone cheaper and younger to pair with him. Unless you're assuming he'll get bought out, traded, or otherwise buried.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Right. Much better to say in public that their asset has no value.

Exactly. When you're trying to hopefully A) make him an attractive asset for somebody to take off of your hands and/or B) help get the guy's season turned around, saying something akin to "He's been utter crap. I could have spent $130 on a Shooter Tutor that would have stopped more pucks than he has" does neither.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad