Darling

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I've said it before, but the only way I'm ok with bringing Dell in is if Tripp and John promise to not say "Aarondell" every ****ing time they call out his name.
images

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Sure, all I'm saying is there is a reason why Peters played Darling.

Sadly, Darling will play before the season is over. Auto losses

The other point here is that Darling was obviously Bad Darling through two periods, and we were only down 3-2. Is there any law saying that Cam can't play one period, then start the next night? I'm sorry, but the Canes use of Darling is a "1-B" option instead of --at best -- as a definitive backup is costing them games and it's bad management.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
You two are obviously awful at this second-guessing thing.

On top of that, I disagree. There's no rule saying your best goalie can't play two games in a row when you're in a death struggle to get points. Especially when your second goalie has been playing like a steaming pile of garbage.

Of course not, but there's nothing unusual about not playing the goalie back to back, and what would end up being a short 3 in 4 with tomorrow, and 4 in 6. And again, Darling has been bad, but just got a win in a similar scenario the week before. I'm no Peters fan and want him gone overall. But this isn't a weird decision to me.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The other point here is that Darling was obviously Bad Darling through two periods, and we were only down 3-2. Is there any law saying that Cam can't play one period, then start the next night? I'm sorry, but the Canes use of Darling is a "1-B" option instead of --at best -- as a definitive backup is costing them games and it's bad management.

Aren't they just using him on back to backs at this point? That's a 1B somehow?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Pass on asking your 34 year old goalie to come in cold, stand on his head and then play the next night and the after the night after that.

I'm more open to going 3 in 4 than that. Or playing your backup one night of a back to back.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
the clamoring to trot cam ward out for every start of the season is such a stark contrast to the previous decade where we've isolated that as one of our biggest issues. the financial commitment that they made to darling is significant and if he can't handle one start in a back to back situation, that's something you need to find our this season while our hopes of contention, read as in we might have a chance at this thing legitimately, are still impossibly slim. we're treating the concept of sneaking into the 7th seed as if it's the end goal in and of itself and it's not. this season was always going to be about finding some footing and defining roles. darling's failure has clarified the future of his standing with the team. if losing a big game in february is what helped us find that out, it has to happen. we've given him every chance to get right.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Pass on asking your 34 year old goalie to come in cold, stand on his head and then play the next night and the after the night after that.

The hyperbole is really getting old. Switching goalies mid-game is "asking your 34 year old goalie to come in cold, [and] stand on his head?"

Nobody was asking him to "stand on his head." We were asking him to stabilize the goaltending while the team attempted to rally from one goal down. Bringing Cam in could have provided just the jolt the other 18 guys needed to step up. You can actually *see* how difficult it is to play in front of Darling. He's seriously harshing our buzz.

I also wasn't aware we played three nights in a row.

And vagrant, if we don't know by now that we can't count on Darling, then shame on us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad