Recalled/Assigned: Darcy Kuemper

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hey now Manny Fernandez was a fine goalie for us while it lasted, don't care about this system crap wishy washy but he did fine for us. Then there was the dancing russian bear who's not from russia who now plays for Boston/AHL.

Manny Fernandez (2000-07)
Anton Khudobin (2009-11)

Manny had his day, but you can't deny his being a headcase and having a short temper!

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Good for him..love how he stepped his game up this year and gave Hackett something to think about in the AHL. A little goaltending competition is good for a team.

He deserves it and I expect him to thrive in his debut!

Seems like every goalie uses that boost from their first NHL game to go out and make it happen their first few games(knocks on wood) I hope that happens for Kuemper

Billy Mays Here*

All he has to do is shutout the Canucks in Vancouver and the Wild win as they'll score the one and only needed goal but no more than that. Should be a cakewalk. :sarcasm:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hey now Manny Fernandez was a fine goalie for us while it lasted, don't care about this system crap wishy washy but he did fine for us. Then there was the dancing russian bear who's not from russia who now plays for Boston/AHL.

Manny Fernandez (2000-07)
Anton Khudobin (2009-11)

Many was a fine goalie for us, but there's a reason his nickname was Moody Manny.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I would rather have had a Kuemper/Hackett backing-up Backstrom this year, than to have the Wild resign Harding. That was before the MS diagnosis, which now makes it worse.

Considering the shortened, condensed season, they may not be sitting as much as one would expect.

Who knows, perhaps Kuemper and/or Hackett could be part of a trade package in a few weeks.
Very Possible considering we'll have Johan Gustafsson too. OR he could be part of a trade package as well.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Who could do a better job at goaltending than a Camper?

Someone who can Hack it? :sarcasm:

Feel bad for Harding, he's gone through a lot. Also feels like people are jumping the gun a bit with all this retirement talk, we knew that there would be ups and downs.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Great debut by Kuemper, looked confident and calm. Congrats to Darcy on his first game in the NHL. You have a good one there.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He looked a bit shaky at start but that's to be expected, really. He looked solid out there, and considering the place he played in, the fact that he had to play against Vanny and referees giving him crap all game long, it was a good debut.

Really excited for him and Hacks.

I still think we should give Endras a call in case Harding can't play though, and split the AHL minutes between Kuemps and Hacks.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I still think we should give Endras a call in case Harding can't play though, and split the AHL minutes between Kuemps and Hacks.

I don't think that can be done because of the Ruotsalainen rule. Although I'm not sure how it works with the IR.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i thought kuemper (campy) looked fine going up against a top team. i didnt blame him for either goal. sidenote, hackett needs to play better in houston.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
i thought kuemper (campy) looked fine going up against a top team. i didnt blame him for either goal. sidenote, hackett needs to play better in houston.
30/31 saves in a game in which his team had 13 shots.

I'd say Hackett is fine; he just got nicked up and then stuck behind a hot goalie in Kuemper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad