Waived: Danny DeKeyser

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Been wondering the same. What a heck happened? Just got rest and now he is totally new guy.`?
I know, he looked like total garbage in his first game back. My only guess is that he found a chiropractor that managed to pop his spine back into place, he really is like a whole new player in a span of less than a week.

I already told the story about how my back popped into place and I was fine for a few months... but then it came back.

Reactions: Henkka

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I know, he looked like total garbage in his first game back. My only guess is that he found a chiropractor that managed to pop his spine back into place, he really is like a whole new player in a span of less than a week.

I already told the story about how my back popped into place and I was fine for a few months... but then it came back.

I imagine his play will go in waves.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Danny is flying a little under the radar in a more sheltered role. He is being used as a defensive 4/5 D man and is holding down the Fort reasonably well. Definitely over paid for the role he is in but he is bringing some decent results despite coming off a significant injury. Good to see

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Danny is flying a little under the radar in a more sheltered role. He is being used as a defensive 4/5 D man and is holding down the Fort reasonably well. Definitely over paid for the role he is in but he is bringing some decent results despite coming off a significant injury. Good to see
I just never want to see him in a 3-on-3 OT situation with another slow or defensively-challenged player again. Already cost us at least 2 games, in the last month or so.

Reactions: Reddwit and 13to40

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I just never want to see him in a 3-on-3 OT situation with another slow or defensively-challenged player again. Already cost us at least 2 games, in the last month or so.
Blashill's propensity to use slow players in OT is definitely baffling.

The only thing I can surmise here is that they don't strategize or practice OT because they expect to lose in regulation, lol.

Reactions: golffuul

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Blashill's propensity to use slow players in OT is definitely baffling.

The only thing I can surmise here is that they don't strategize or practice OT because they expect to lose in regulation, lol.

Maybe the purpose is TANK and not take that extra point.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Maybe the purpose is TANK and not take that extra point.
If that was the case, he'd just send out Djoos or 3 forwards.

My best guess is that he's hoping for low event hockey to send it to the SO. I remember Gagner got some OT time before his injury. I don't think he's ever played in OT before.

If the team wanted to win, LGD would be out for the FO then have him change if he wins the FO, stay and defend if he loses. I'd really like to see better OT strategy.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
The injuries have really done a number on Dekeyser, he's been dire this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's LTIRetired the last year of his deal. I just don't see another season in him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Dekeyser, Glendening and Namestnikov should be stapled to the bench in OT or when we need goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad