Denmark: Danish U18 WC roster.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not sure I agree with the best Defenseman of tourney being Klavestad. He might have been the best offensive D, but norway let in 15 goals in 5 games. We let in 6. They scored more than us and Söberg being the best forward is fine.

But the best D along with G belongs to Denmark imho.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not sure I agree with the best Defenseman of tourney being Klavestad. He might have been the best offensive D, but norway let in 15 goals in 5 games. We let in 6. They scored more than us and Söberg being the best forward is fine.

But the best D along with G belongs to Denmark imho.

Since Klavestad was third in points after Søberg and Ehlers they most likely gave it to him based on his offensive.
Georg Sørensen as best goalie was without question and Markus Søberg as best forward without question as well.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Since Klavestad was third in points after Søberg and Ehlers they most likely gave it to him based on his offensive.
Georg Sørensen as best goalie was without question and Markus Søberg as best forward without question as well.

That's exactly my point.. His offensive output shouldn't determine if he was the best Dman out there. Seems weird to me that the team that wins the tourney, has the best PK and the least goals let in only gets tourneys' best G. IMO Clearly Denmark should'ov had the best D aswell. But I agree Söberg as best forward is without question.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's exactly my point.. His offensive output shouldn't determine if he was the best Dman out there.

That's just the way it is. It's the same discussion with the Norris trophy. The quality of a d man is difficult to judge looking at stats, since +/- is not a good measurement either.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That's just the way it is. It's the same discussion with the Norris trophy. The quality of a d man is difficult to judge looking at stats, since +/- is not a good measurement either.

Well, it's no biggie, we won! :D

But the NHL has a 82 game showcase to determine who has the best overall game for a Dman.

This was a 5 game showcasing in a promotion tourney, where we promoted and we were the best defensive team.
I watched a few Norway games, and Klavestad didn't look like he was more than average defensively. And allot of his A's came from a strong shooting Söberg :)

But again, no biggie :D

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I spill fem mot fem så var var Danmark sjanseløse, men med en dommer som var helt ute av kurs, så ble det jo nesten helt umulig for oss. Utvisningene ødela alt for oss - og det er jævlig surt.

Markus Søberg -

Easy now Markus :laugh:

Vant danskene fortjent synes du?

РJa, svarer Herman etter ̴ ha tenkt seg litt om.

Herman Kopperud -

Kopperud, a little more objective :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Easy now Markus :laugh:

Well it was a match with many 2min penalties but for both teams; but it sounds like the typical "after match frustration".
Power play is an important part of hockey and where games are usually won, so it's not like winning in that respect is unfair unless it's very one-sided who gets the penalties.

The Norwegians surely got more penalties than the Danes in the first two periods (20min for Norway and 10min for Denmark), but they were still in the lead 3-2.
In the third period it was only 2*2min for Norway and 1*2min for Denmark and still Denmark won that period 4-0. It was that period that settles the match and Denmark was clearly the better team at that point of the game.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well it was a match with many 2min penalties but for both teams; but it sounds like the typical "after match frustration".
Power play is an important part of hockey and where games are usually won, so it's not like winning in that respect is unfair unless it's very one-sided who gets the penalties.

The Norwegians surely got more penalties than the Danes in the first two periods (20min for Norway and 10min for Denmark), but they were still in the lead 3-2.
In the third period it was only 2*2min for Norway and 1*2min for Denmark and still Denmark won that period 4-0. It was that period that settles the match and Denmark was clearly the better team at that point of the game.

Ofcourse it's aftermatch frustration, and that is understandable, I just found it funny, as that statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

Other than the 2nd period, Denmark were allot better than Norway, also on ES.

But alas, they are just kids :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad