WWE: DANIEL BRYAN RETIRES -- Thank you, Bryan

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now that it's obvious that this isn't a work, it's strange to think about that Danielson was in WWE just short of 7 years. Doesn't seem like it was that long.

The book for him within WWE will always be what could have been, but hopefully his success floats over to other wrestlers of his stature, guys like Zayn, and they get more opportunities. He should definitely get into the hall of fame this year or next year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So if/when DB does go into the hall who will be the one inducting him? Vince? :laugh:

Regal could be a good choice, didn't he kind of "look out for him"? At the very least, Regal came up with "Daniel Bryan" for him instead of allowing him to (potentially) go with "Buddy Peacock"...that's gotta count for something.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Regal could be a good choice, didn't he kind of "look out for him"? At the very least, Regal came up with "Daniel Bryan" for him instead of allowing him to (potentially) go with "Buddy Peacock"...that's gotta count for something.

It would pretty much come down to Regal or HBK.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Sucks man, really sucks. He was honestly one of the few guys who gave everything he had night in and night out. What he did in 13/14 was incredible. He like Punk, changed the wrestling business forever. I will miss watching him in a WWE ring.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sucks man, really sucks. He was honestly one of the few guys who gave everything he had night in and night out. What he did in 13/14 was incredible. He like Punk, changed the wrestling business forever. I will miss watching him in a WWE ring.

But its just the chant that is over :sarcasm::help:

We haven't seen someone this loved and over in a while, and I'm not sure when we will again. We should of gotten so much more, but what we got lead to one of the more amazing moments ever.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm still holding on to some shred of hope this is a work....... that the WWE realizes that they need Daniel Bryan at this point.

I won't give up hope until it's off the air.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
well there were all those months he refused to push Daniel Bryan...

Well, I chose my words carefully.

They still made money, just not as much. Passing up a chance to make a "Thank You Daniel Bryan" t-shirt would be them literally passing up a chance to make money (however big/small it would be).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I guess WWE were right all along. The claims they didn't want to run with him as the man out of fear he broke again, the holding him out despite claims he was 100% good to go, all of that.

I can't believe i'm typing this but...good on you, Vince. You may have just prevented another disaster down the road.

He was the only reason why i watched that garbage ass first incarnation of NXT at like 3 AM every saturday on like, City TV i think? And by proxy that brought me back into the fold for Wrestling in general.

My boy is gone, all of my other favorites are lost in the shuffle. I think it's time to leave, until the next one is found.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I guess WWE were right all along. The claims they didn't want to run with him as the man out of fear he broke again, the holding him out despite claims he was 100% good to go, all of that.

I can't believe i'm typing this but...good on you, Vince. You may have just prevented another disaster down the road.

Agreed. We kept asking "Why?", because everything we were hearing was that his testing was coming back with really good results. Can't blame him for wanting to continue, or his fans for wanting him to continue, when at the time, all the known information was that...well, that there was no reason (known) to keep him out.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad