Confirmed with Link: Daniel Alfredsson appointed as senior advisor of hockey operations

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Happy to have Alfie on board!

As for Lehners house, Alfie said he wouldn't be buying it back.

That said, if anyone wanted to really start the Church of Alfie, what better place to have it than his old house!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think this hire helps all facets of the organization. Alfredsson`s presence should inadvertently force players who are competitive by nature anyway to try a little harder to be better just from him being there watching them knowing he is a former player. I think his insights on player tendencies will be helpful to scouts & player development to learn to change tendencies at times & help in accessing player evaluations.

Alfredsson could be another coach in the sense helping young players on & off the ice, players who may be having adjustment problems & on playing the game or learning the subtleties of the game even conditioning. This is without question one of the best hires in franchise history on & off the ice, the best win/win scenario the organization could ever have hoped for with the exception of winning a cup. Never hurts to have former greats of the organization & former players in the organization as part of the organization after their careers are over as good PR between the organization & their fans.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I never really liked Daniel Alfredsson but its good to see the organization have a real legacy player

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When asked about the younger players Alfredsson said he thought Nick Paul would be a really good NHL player, I tend to agree.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I never really liked Daniel Alfredsson but its good to see the organization have a real legacy player

Its actually not so much that I didn't like Daniel Alfredsson, its that I didn't like how the fanbase deified him so much. It was a little over the top.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was over the top but it had it's moments

It was fun to be part of it most of the time and easy to ignore when it got out of hand

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
It was over the top but it had it's moments

It was fun to be part of it most of the time and easy to ignore when it got out of hand

I took it as being intentionally over the top, like those Chuck Norris jokes. I did (and do) love the guy, but obviously, I don't think he actually created the heavens and earth.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007

CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think this guy can help this team. He could positively influence the young players and teach them how to be pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad