Danick Paquette (a '90 born enforcer)

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Bégin is the bestest*, May 23, 2007.

1. Danick Paquette plays for the Lewiston MAINEiacs and he kinda impressed me yesterday when i've watched the game on RDS. he was born in july '90, so he'll be eligible next year i think. He's an enforcer, he was playing on the 4th line against Vancouver, but yesterday he played on the 3rd line vs Plymouth. like i said, he's an enforcer, he can hit and he likes to bother the opponent. i don't think he'll be drafted in the 1st round next year, but maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round. if you're a scout in the LHJMQ, you should watch him next year! :D he wears the number 47 and he's listed as a RW on Lewiston's website. Lewiston drafted him in the 1st round (11th overall) in the LHJMQ draft in 2006.

2. NA Scouting

NA Scouting Registered User

Yes he'll be drafted next year.

That kid is a monster. He's not THAT big but he hits everything in sights and just pisses everybody off. Obviously at that age you never know what he could become, anything from a 75 pts power forward to a 4th line grinder, but that kid will make the NHL someday. Too much intensity, heart and willingness not to make it. Heart & soul player. I love him.

He has to improve his skating though, as he looks like a fat turtle out there. But damn he hits so hard, and he loves to hit too!

3. Bourque7799

Bourque7799 Registered User

Watched him play a lot this year and man that kid can hit, hes got decent hands as well, as he gets older he'll become a lot better of a player, definently drafted next year

4. LaLaLaprise

LaLaLaprise lalalaprise -twitter

Hes way out of shape...unless he can lose about 20 lbs i wouldn't count on him being drafted.

5. i really like your comments about him, except lalaprise's comment, but i think some people will tell him to lose this extra weight. :D

6. LaLaLaprise

LOL :) Im just being honest...

He is round, he's 5'11 215 and hes slow...most of his hits end up being borderline illegal because hes so late arriving to hit someone.

I guess time will tell.

7. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Global Moderator

Awards:
    he sounds good to me. hopefully he will fly under the radar and the wings pick him up in round 3-4. and then he turns into the leagues best power forward at age 24-25.:naughty:. its allowed to dream:)

8. Louis Houde

Louis Houde Registered User

student
    I like Danick Hudon-Paquette. He's very agressive and nasty on the ice. He's very strong and got some offensive abilities. I'll keep an eye on him

9. Marco Corleone

Marco Corleone Registered User

Love Paquette's style.....he is a tank. However, I wouldn't call him an "enforcer" though.

He hits what he can, as hard as he can. As Lala mentioned, he can stand to lose a few lbs.

Will he be drafted? Hard to say for me...:dunno:

10. Maineiac11

Maineiac11 Registered User

Bump... I'd like to hear Lala's latest thoughts on Danick. Or anyone else who wants to chime in.

11. Passchendaele

Passchendaele Registered User

went from 4 to 28 goals (still counting) this year. not bad at all.

did he lose weight?

12. SPORTSMANIAC

SPORTSMANIAC Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Its just because he moved up the depth charts...He could have more goals if he wasn't suspended all the time. Sunday he fought with Ashton Bernard of Shawinigan in warm ups. Suspensions were handed down today and will be missing tonights game.

13. Habsolument

Habsolument Registered User

Home Page:
    It seems he gained an inch and lost 6 pounds, from LaLaLaprise's numbers, if you go with his hockeydb and lhjmq profiles, which makes him 6' 209

This year he has 205 PIMs and that's as a 17 yo (turning 18 in july) !

14. baboinfou

baboinfou Registered User

2007-2008 in 58 games:

28 G 11 A 39 PTS 205 PIM 119 HITS

I red somewhere that he could be a Chris Neil type but I saw him only once. What's your thought?

15. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

I got to think the Habs would be interested in him, I've only seen him once this year and he looked ok, I thought his foot speed wasn't that great but it was only one game.

Where is he pegged for the draft?

16. baboinfou

baboinfou Registered User

17. yeah i think the habs should draft him, even if he's gonna be a 4th line goon. :D

18. Leperus Leprechuan

Leperus Leprechuan Registered User

I was drafted into the NHL as an enforcer and it was really a struggle. It is definately the hardest role to make a team in since each team only needs 1 of them. That being said if he is decent in his own end he'll have a shot since they definately wont be looking at his offensive ability.

19. LaLaLaprise

I'm still not a fan of his...

No one doubted his actual skill level, ive watched the kid since he was midget aged, he was always an offensive player.

The thing with Dannik is, i just dont see him being able to play at NHL speed. Thats just me. I know its not a popular opinion.

20. The Viking Fury

The Viking Fury Registered User

Who are you?

21. JSmith81x

JSmith81x Your weapon is guilt

Home Page:
  22. tiz

tiz Registered User

Sounds like a Lucic type guy... Does that fit?

23. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    He's smaller then Lucic and I don't think he's as skilled. Paquette is a bit of a dirtier player then Lucic, in my opinion. He's been suspended a handful of times for questionable hits (from behind, late, behind the play, etc.) and as a scout told me, "It's fine if you want to play that kind of game, but you have to be able to back it up." I'm not sure if Paquette has answered that question yet.

24. Maineiac11

Maineiac11 Registered User

Watching him all this year, theres no doubt he has improved greatly. From the young rookie he was last year, to becoming into some form of a leader this year, considering all the changes the Maineiacs have gone through since last years championship squad. He has stepped up as much as his team could have asked. His discipline still has some ways to go but he has improved alot in my mind. Last i knew he was projected in rnds 3,4,5.. more than likely in rnd 4. I would say he has a high upside in my opinion. With the right coaching and players around him, i think he could be much more than the 4th line grinder type. I could see him as a 3rd or 2nd line forward.

Lucic doesn't seem like a good comparison, since they don't really play the same style, and Lucic is much different physically(taller.. lankier). The one thing in common they do have is that they both play with a fire, and don't seem to be scared of anything.

Danick needs to focus his excitement away from his late hits and undisciplined penalties and more towards putting the puck in the net and he'll be fine. I hope he goes as early as the 3rd round, and i hope we have him here in Lewiston for a couple more years, because .. d@mn this kid is fun to watch!

25. tiz

tiz Registered User

Thanks, great reply.