Danault's advanced stats

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
It does not beg to ask the question at all. The 3rd line is a scoring line that is creating opportunities but they are not going in right now. We run 3 scoring lines and a shutdown line and this is what makes up hard to handle.

Our 3rd line now is much more of a work in progress than the past 3 but talent wise it is up there. To say it is a joke is asinine. PD has the potential to be a top bottom 6 center in the league because his scoring should go up. Hell PD is already 3 times the offensive player MK is. TT is a top 6 player right now but is helping the team in this role. Desi is a good bottom 6 player. Our best 3rd line was last years Sharp-Vermy-TT line.

I think it's a great question also. We WILL NOT get production in the playoffs from 3-4 if we keep them this way. period. So really what do we have compared to last year

1st line NOW is about what the 2nd line was last year. If Hossa can keep scoring and Shaw producing a little this year's 1 = 2 last year
2nd NOW is >> line 1 last year, so we are net ahead.
3 rd line now blows v Cup line like BK said if Sharp-Verm-TT.
4th line could be basically the same.

So really do we say play lock down D from 3 and 4 and hope 1 and 2 can produce enough? I don't think so. We need 3 to chip in.

So we must get Desi off it. We know TT can score with help and make a line go. So ok 1/3 of the way there. Get Shaw there, 2/3.

I just think we need a top LW to slot shaw down, everything just keeps coming back to that. Shaw-PD-TT, boy if they could produce 1/2 of what line 3 did last year we are on the way.

But yeah BK, i don't think we can afford to NOT have 3 lines that CAN score and the 4th line be the shut-down role.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think it's a great question also. We WILL NOT get production in the playoffs from 3-4 if we keep them this way. period. So really what do we have compared to last year

1st line NOW is about what the 2nd line was last year. If Hossa can keep scoring and Shaw producing a little this year's 1 = 2 last year
2nd NOW is >> line 1 last year, so we are net ahead.
3 rd line now blows v Cup line like BK said if Sharp-Verm-TT.
4th line could be basically the same.

So really do we say play lock down D from 3 and 4 and hope 1 and 2 can produce enough? I don't think so. We need 3 to chip in.

So we must get Desi off it. We know TT can score with help and make a line go. So ok 1/3 of the way there. Get Shaw there, 2/3.

I just think we need a top LW to slot shaw down, everything just keeps coming back to that. Shaw-PD-TT, boy if they could produce 1/2 of what line 3 did last year we are on the way.

But yeah BK, i don't think we can afford to NOT have 3 lines that CAN score and the 4th line be the shut-down role.

The 3rd line could not be further from blowing. They are creating chances and at some point those chance will go it. If they were not creating chances you could say they blow but they are and doing this while playing stellar defense.

I think it is a brutal question when you look at it objectively and not just look at the stats.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
The 3rd line could not be further from blowing. They are creating chances and at some point those chance will go it. If they were not creating chances you could say they blow but they are and doing this while playing stellar defense.

I think it is a brutal question when you look at it objectively and not just look at the stats.
oh ok. I liked fiddy's question of do we build it with 2 shut down lines and 2 scoring lines.

we will disagree, a line with a 4th liner on it by defintion not a scoring line. PD has 1 goal? Desi 1 asst? or something. TT can't do it all. Sorry, I think that line isn't producing and won't be producing consistently. I guess I will agree to disagree.

I do agree with ya, we need a 3rd line that can score and it's reasonable to ask them to score.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I assumed.

He's been alright. Bit of a perimeter player but he has shown tiny flashes of skill and he's pretty safe and simple with his game.

I'd much rather see him get a prolonged look with Danault and Teuvo than to keep watching Desi try real hard and get nothing done offensively.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I assumed.

He's been alright. Bit of a perimeter player but he has shown tiny flashes of skill and he's pretty safe and simple with his game.

I'd much rather see him get a prolonged look with Danault and Teuvo than to keep watching Desi try real hard and get nothing done offensively.

I want Shaw or Panik with them but Cakes can get a turn.

Move Shaw to the 3rd (has show chemistry with TT) Panik to the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad