Dan Russel reveals players involved in altercations

Status
Not open for further replies.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
You clearly didn't see the fight because you are too busy hanging on Jarome's balls and searching for Jarome pictures on the internet. Their is already another person on this thread that backed me up about him not taking off his helmet. I've already wasted too much time on you.
I also recalled Iginla fighting with his visor on. Went to hockeyfights.com and looked it up here is what it said: "Iginla slashes Hatcher and they both agree to go. As they drop the gloves Commodore tries to come in but is grabbed by McCarty and they scrap as well. Iginla still has his visor on, and lands a few on Hatcher who is a little off-balance. Hatcher gets Iginla's shield off, and through a lot of grappling they both get a few shots in with each hand. Hatcher tries to use his reach, but Iginla does a good job of getting inside. Iginla gets one more punch in and throws Hatcher down, then throws another punch on the ice. Other Penalties: Hatcher received a high sticking."

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
ScottyBowman said:
You clearly didn't see the fight because you are too busy hanging on Jarome's balls and searching for Jarome pictures on the internet. Their is already another person on this thread that backed me up about him not taking off his helmet. I've already wasted too much time on you.
Yeah, lets just ignore photographic evidence and take the word of an HF poster. :shakehead

I know you probably cry into your pillow every night about how the Flames snuffed out your beloved Red Wings, but that doesn't mean you have to act like a little worm whenever Iginla is brought up. You know what other Red Wings fans did? They got over it.

Get a life, or get some counselling at the very least.

:lol

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
X8oD said:
you name 2 americans, and its "always the american guys" igoring comments from McCabe, Daniel Alfredsson, Tie Domi [early on], Chris Pronger.

Hell ill throw in Robert Esche, ill spot you 3 americans. How many canadians and Euro's have trashed Bettman, the cap, or Owners in General again?

Shane Doan just to name one off the top of my head.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
MANY Canadians have slammed Bettman, both in the game and out of the game.

QUESTION: WHY HASN'T THIS STORY (NHLPA "FIGHT") BEEN TALKED ABOUT ON TSN OR SPORTSNET?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
kolanos said:
Yeah, lets just ignore photographic evidence and take the word of an HF poster. :shakehead

I know you probably cry into your pillow every night about how the Flames snuffed out your beloved Red Wings, but that doesn't mean you have to act like a little worm whenever Iginla is brought up. You know what other Red Wings fans did? They got over it.

Get a life, or get some counselling at the very least.

:lol

Honestly, you may be one of the most misinformed posters around.

The photo you showed was after Iginla adjusted his helmet. Hatcher threw a punch and hit Iginla in the shield, he then reached acrossed Ignla and ripped his helmet off. He then landed the punch you see in the photo, and Iginla wrapped him up.

There is a reason why posters are baking up our side, and NOBODY Is backing up your claim. Go check out the fight before you keep lodging your foot farther in your mouth.

Sammy*

X8oD said:
Honestly, you may be one of the most misinformed posters around.

The photo you showed was after Iginla adjusted his helmet. Hatcher threw a punch and hit Iginla in the shield, he then reached acrossed Ignla and ripped his helmet off. He then landed the punch you see in the photo, and Iginla wrapped him up.

There is a reason why posters are baking up our side, and NOBODY Is backing up your claim. Go check out the fight before you keep lodging your foot farther in your mouth.
Fair enough, but anybody who takes Hatcher's "class" over Iginlas is ahh, an idiot.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Sammy said:
Fair enough, but anybody who takes Hatcher's "class" over Iginlas is ahh, an idiot.

i sure as hell aint debating that.

I'm just debating the Fight. Again, as i Said i give Hatcher the decision, but I'd never brag about that fight. The only part of that fight that sticks out is Iginla refusing to take his helmet off at the start, and then adjusting it to keep it on half way through it.

jacketracket*

X8oD said:

I'm just debating the Fight. Again, as i Said i give Hatcher the decision, but I'd never brag about that fight. The only part of that fight that sticks out is Iginla refusing to take his helmet off at the start, and then adjusting it to keep it on half way through it.
I do remember Hatcher hitting Iginla's visor, and shaking his hand when he pulled it back as if he'd hurt it.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
jacketracket said:
I do remember Hatcher hitting Iginla's visor, and shaking his hand when he pulled it back as if he'd hurt it.

remember that as well.

that was right after Iginla pushed his helmet back on. The next punch was him reaching across, grabbing the helmet and ripping it off.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Personally I don't care if Iginla wears a visor when he gets into a scrap. Players who don't wear visors are becoming the dinosaurs of the league and if they get into a fight with someone with a visor its their own fault for a) not wearing a visor of their own, or b) not ripping it off their head asap. Just because someone wants to protect their eyes/career, it shouldn't stop them from getting into fights to stand up for themselves or their teammates against morons like Hatcher and the like. Also, if i were fighting someone who had a general disrespect for other players health (ie Hatcher, Pronger, Marchment and numerous others) I would try my best to keep my helmet and visor on in hopes that they injured their hands. If I'm in a fight with Iginla or Shanahan or someone I respected as a player I might even remove my helmet before I scrap.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I've got to step in and say it, all this talk ablout only Americans making dumb comments is ridiculous.

That being said, we still don't really know the actual happenings in the meetings, and honestly, we probably never really will know, just like we don't officially know exactly what Tannenbaum said to the other owners, heck, he could have said "I make more money than most of you combined." and then proceeded to rub his arse on all of their faces. We'll never really know.

It's nice to see both sides have rifts though, in fact, it's beyond nice, it's fantastic. Screw replacements, I want the real NHL, and the real players.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
X8oD said:

Don't forget the haymaker he threw when the two were already on the ice. I think for awhile the announcers thought Iginla might have hurt his fist when he missed and punched the ice.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
txomisc said:
Don't forget the haymaker he threw when the two were already on the ice. I think for awhile the announcers thought Iginla might have hurt his fist when he missed and punched the ice.

eh, i dont wanna disect any more of the fight, lol. I knew about that part. I said earlier, Iginla busch-leagued that fight, but i keep pointing out all the crap he did in that fight, people are gonna start bringing up all the stuff hatcher has done in his career, just to counter-act it.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Any future ethnic stereotyping or xenophobic comments will result in a 6 point warning. There will be no more exceptions. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad