Dan Russel reveals players involved in altercations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Dan Russel on CKNW just now reporting that one of the altercations at the NHLPA meetings was between Tie Domi and Bill Guerin, and that the other was between Derian Hatcher and Jarome Iginla. He also said that Chris Chelios apparently broke up the latter one (not sure if he said or knew who broke up the first).

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
Guerin liked the prices better than the sub's taste?

There were rumours going around Flames boards that players like Guerin and Tkachuk had threatened Iginla "to take him out during games" because of Iginla's rumoured work to end the lockout. I guess there's residual hatred between Iginla and Hatcher from the playoff series when they fought as well as Hatcher killing Lombardi.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
... but further reporting revealed that there was a lot of clutching jerseys, a bit of dancing around, but few actual puches were thrown. Bob Goodenow was assessed an extra two minutes and a game misconduct for instigating. ;)

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
deathbear said:
i respect iginla more and more even though he killed the canucks last year.

Iginla is hands down one of the classiest, most talented players in the league for sure. He did kill the Canucks last year, which did hurt, but that doesn't take away from his abilities.

Iginla is just awesome.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Iginla continues to gain my respect, screw Hatcher.

But Iginla trying to get a CBA worked out was already out there.

Was Domi in on it too? Why else would Guerin get into it with him?

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
kruezer said:
Iginla continues to gain my respect, screw Hatcher.

But Iginla trying to get a CBA worked out was already out there.

Was Domi in on it too? Why else would Guerin get into it with him?

Sticking up for a fellow Canadian? There is a theory a radio host here has that it is the elite American NHL players who are ruining the game of hockey with their attitudes.

He contends that they came from upper middle class families, and have always had their way, on and off the ice. In Canada, he argues that everyone has an opportunity to play hockey, while in the States only the rich play, as other socio-economic classes have ample access to other sports. As a result, these players are out of touch with reality, and will continue to fight until they get it their way, as they have always, right or wrong. At first, I thought this theory was just banter from a proud Canadian. But the more you look at it, there is some merit. Many of the "arrogant" and outspoken players in this league are American (Guerin, Hull, Chelios, Modano, Tkachuk, Hatcher...) and perhaps it is their leadership which is misguided and leading the NHLPA towards oblivion. Maybe guys like Iginla and Domi have had enough of this, and took exception. Of course, this is all conjecture, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Can anyone guess what was said to spark the rumble? :dunno:

Cannot be a good sign for the solidarity of the NHLPA when the internal disagreements lead to scuffles.

Somebody should have taken Goodenow out to the woodshed!

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
Sticking up for a fellow Canadian? There is a theory a radio host here has that it is the elite American NHL players who are ruining the game of hockey with their attitudes.

He contends that they came from upper middle class families, and have always had their way, on and off the ice. In Canada, he argues that everyone has an opportunity to play hockey, while in the States only the rich play, as other socio-economic classes have ample access to other sports. As a result, these players are out of touch with reality, and will continue to fight until they get it their way, as they have always, right or wrong. At first, I thought this theory was just banter from a proud Canadian. But the more you look at it, there is some merit. Many of the "arrogant" and outspoken players in this league are American (Guerin, Hull, Chelios, Modano, Tkachuk, Hatcher...) and perhaps it is their leadership which is misguided and leading the NHLPA towards oblivion. Maybe guys like Iginla and Domi have had enough of this, and took exception. Of course, this is all conjecture, but interesting nonetheless.

It's hilarious that Canadians whine about Hull playing for the US in world competition when he is really Canadian. Now they are whining because he is American.

Oh yeah. I didn't realize that McCabe, Klatt and Klee were American. They must be right? They are outspoken and arrogamt.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
arnie said:
It's hilarious that Canadians whine about Hull playing for the US in world competition when he is really Canadian. Now they are whining because he is American.

Oh yeah. I didn't realize that McCabe, Klatt and Klee were American. They must be right? They are outspoken and arrogamt.
Klee is from Indianapolis, Klatt is from Minnesota. That's pretty American if you ask me.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
kolanos said:
No he doesn't you maroon. Show me a picture of a fight with Iginla where he has his visor on, I dare you. Pretty much every fight he's been in since putting on the visor you'll see his bald head before the fight even starts.

Proof:
http://images.google.com/images?q=iginla%20fight&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

But yeah, keep hating. :lol

Its a shot at his Fight with Hatcher in the play-offs. After hatcher landed a couple punches, Iginla's Helmet started coming off. Iginla then Re-adjusted his helmet, making sure he kept it on.

i dont care who won [i give the nod to hatcher, but it wasnt much surely nothing to write home about] But it was a bush-league play. He cleared stopped punching to make sure his hat was on tight to his head.

i dont know if he always does it [i dont see enough flames games to even begin to make a comment for or against that], and the original comment wasnt attempted to say he did. It was a tounge and cheek remark made because, in this instance, he clearly made sure his hat was on.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
kolanos said:
No he doesn't you maroon. Show me a picture of a fight with Iginla where he has his visor on, I dare you. Pretty much every fight he's been in since putting on the visor you'll see his bald head before the fight even starts.

Proof:
http://images.google.com/images?q=iginla%20fight&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

But yeah, keep hating. :lol

If you want to swing off of Jarome's balls, thats your agenda. I clearly remember him fighting with his helmet on against Hatcher and making sure it didn't come off. Right there that shows me that Jarome lacks any character and is a punk. Screw him.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I love how some hack radio host makes something up about fights and then the masses believe it and come up with weird theories. Someone like Iginla, who lacks any class because he fights with a helmet is dying to get paid. He'll easily take a salary cap because he wants his $6 mil a year RIGHT NOW. The fans in Calgary and around other parts then believe this crap that he's looking out for the fans and the league when Jarome just wants to get paid now. He clearly fooled the masses. My question is, do the radio hosts in Canada have anything else better to talk about? Like curling or horse jumping or even 5 pin bowling.

Sammy*

ScottyBowman said:
I love how some hack radio host makes something up about fights and then the masses believe it and come up with weird theories. Someone like Iginla, who lacks any class because he fights with a helmet is dying to get paid. He'll easily take a salary cap because he wants his $6 mil a year RIGHT NOW. The fans in Calgary and around other parts then believe this crap that he's looking out for the fans and the league when Jarome just wants to get paid now. He clearly fooled the masses. My question is, do the radio hosts in Canada have anything else better to talk about? Like curling or horse jumping or even 5 pin bowling.
I take it you like the "class" of players who go headhunting with their elbows.
And btw, for once think before you type. Iginla may have kept his helmet (I dunno, I didnt see the fight). But I'll tell ya, virtually any fight I I have seen him in he removes his helmet/visor.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You can't put Guerin and Hatcher in a group with Iginla and use the word class...if you want to put Yzerman,Sakic and Iginla ina group and use the word class then you are talking apples and apples... Guerin and Hatcher are PA thugs... Iginla and supposedly JR were the guys who tried to get something going with the league, because they realize how lucky they are to be millionaires playing hockey...they just want to play! Guerin is a moron, and the almighty $$$ has been his agenda on every team he has played and then left...he is the ultimate UFA...

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
ScottyBowman said:
If you want to swing off of Jarome's balls, thats your agenda. I clearly remember him fighting with his helmet on against Hatcher and making sure it didn't come off. Right there that shows me that Jarome lacks any character and is a punk. Screw him.

Holy crap... you cannot be saying Jarome lacks any character when you're talking about friggin Hatcher!?! :eek: That's too funny.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
oil slick said:
Holy crap... you cannot be saying Jarome lacks any character when you're talking about friggin Hatcher!?! :eek: That's too funny.

Yea, thats like saying Michael Jackson doesnt **** children :eek:

gerbilanium

Oct 17, 2003
So your saying Iginla wants to get paid whereas the rest of the ****ing idiot committee wants to sit out when there is a 100% chance of a salary cap. Why do you even argue like the players are going to win this. Hatcher deserves serious pain, the alcoholic moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad