Player Discussion Dan Girardi Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Can't argue with that. Good points. This is entertainment after all.

Yeah. It just really bummed me out to see IMMEDIATE complaining. Like we couldn't even have a fun run. It sucked that we didn't reach the promised land and such, but I wish the runs were more enjoyable. I would've been less upset missing out if they had been.

You know, you're right. I got casted as doom and gloom A LOT in my earlier years here. And why not? The team sucked, and they were moderately better in the mid-late 2000's. The last 2 seasons were really, really fun. Anybody calling for the coaches head right now has no sense of context whatsoever.

This team. This coach. They deserve to finish out the season at the very least.

Agreed. I think a lot of folks forgot to smell the roses and instead just wanted to trim them early. If you can't have fun with hockey, time to move on.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah. It just really bummed me out to see IMMEDIATE complaining. Like we couldn't even have a fun run. It sucked that we didn't reach the promised land and such, but I wish the runs were more enjoyable. I would've been less upset missing out if they had been.

Agreed. I think a lot of folks forgot to smell the roses and instead just wanted to trim them early. If you can't have fun with hockey, time to move on.

True. Speaking for myself, when things were going awesome for NYR I was mostly just out in the world enjoying, watching with friends etc. I think, for better or worse, people come here to discuss what they see as issues more than anything else.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
What does discussing and or opining on the problems we think the team has, have anything to do with how we enjoy hockey? That's what this place is for, to ***** and moan when bad but still otherwise enjoy our favorite team.

Sleeping with snuggles the fabric softener bear every night before we post, I cling to stuff from my childhood, isn't going to make them play better.

I love everything about hockey and the Rangers and that doesn't preclude criticizing where I think appropriate.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Large assumption there that people who complain or don't take lightly to losing, didn't enjoy the 'Cup run. Sincerely, is it really that shocking that after a heart-breaking loss to a team they largely outplayed the reaction was not, "Aw shucks! Great run guys we'll get 'em next time!"

:laugh:

Speaking personally, no matter how much I complain I almost always enjoy the post-season, but the regular season tends to suck when they're not winning and especially if they're not playing well on top of it. The fact that AV and Gorton have not helped the situation has made it that much worse this year.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
well its hard to hold Gorton responsible when you have guys hes gotten AV being used the way they have. The useage of Yandle alone makes me think whats the point...if the GM gets him weapons, hes going to eff it up.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Large assumption there that people who complain or don't take lightly to losing, didn't enjoy the 'Cup run. Sincerely, is it really that shocking that after a heart-breaking loss to a team they largely outplayed the reaction was not, "Aw shucks! Great run guys we'll get 'em next time!"
The Cup run was when these boards were rongoing and the team was enjoyable to watch when they weren't rongoing. Probably the most fun season I've witnessed as a Ranger fan.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=79667453&postcount=101

#NeverForget :(

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That year was so ****ing fun.

Not just the cup run, but the way the team played.
Plus the St. Louis trade rumors, with Boomer screwing with everyone on Twitter

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some people just seem to expect too much of this team. We aren't going to be first in the NHL every regular season. I'd accept making the playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup. Does the first five months of the season really matter if we are playing well going into the playoffs and have our players healthy?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Dan hasn't done **** for us in 2 seasons.

Remember last year when we got Yandle and everyone thought Girardi was being sent to Arizona? Good times.

I still have PTSD, please do not trigger me.

Don Jaroodi*

well its hard to hold Gorton responsible when you have guys hes gotten AV being used the way they have. The useage of Yandle alone makes me think whats the point...if the GM gets him weapons, hes going to eff it up.

oh please....Gorton has been awful. Do you start his grading period only after last season when he officially took over?

Staal and Girardi resignings- CRIPPLING
Trading Duclair AND a 1st for Keith Yandle, only to probably lose him to FA- CRIPPLING
Letting Stralman walk only to sign geriatric special DAN BOYLE? For the same money?? WHAT??
Trading Hagelin for ETEM and a pick, only to trade Etem half way through season (for nobody)- TERRIBLE
Oh and who do you credit for trading Callahan AND A FIRST for MSL when we were the ONLY TEAM ON HIS LIST after he made a trade demand.

no 1sts
no stocked cupboard
terrible D
NO CUP

Last edited by a moderator:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
oh please....Gorton has been awful. Do you start his grading period only after last season when he officially took over?

Staal and Girardi resignings- CRIPPLING
Trading Duclair AND a 1st for Keith Yandle, only to probably lose him to FA- CRIPPLING
Letting Stralman walk only to sign geriatric special DAN BOYLE? For the same money?? WHAT??
Trading Hagelin for ETEM and a pick, only to trade Etem half way through season (for nobody)- TERRIBLE
Oh and who do you credit for trading Callahan AND A FIRST for MSL when we were the ONLY TEAM ON HIS LIST after he made a trade demand.

no 1sts
no stocked cupboard
terrible D
NO CUP

You didn't put "MONUMENTALLY CRIPPLING" at the end of the Stralman statement, which I think fits that part accurately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
FWIW, the Players Tribune just released a "What the (blank)?" feature for the All-Star Game, and it was with Claude Giroux.

He called Girardi the most underrated player in the NHL.

Take that as you well, since it's from someone who has been a divisional-rival for almost a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad