Confirmed with Link: Dan DeKeyser Signs with Detroit 2 years 1.35m cap hit

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah, I thought they might have taken DeKeyser off for the 5-on-3, but I wasn't sure. I do remember yelling at my TV because he was out there on a PP and looked he like he was going to turn the puck over at any moment.

My point was, I don't think he is the most responsible d-man. That would be Ericsson if you're trying to play it safe on the PP. I thought Babcock was trying to prove a point by playing the guy there, and a crucial game like that wasn't the time to do it. Just my opinion.

Edit: For the record, I don't think this is a team that should ever feel safe with a 2 goal lead. We've seen them blow it a few times this year. They almost blew it against the Kings last time they played, but Ericsson saved the day with a last second goal.
It just shows the confidence Babcock has in Dekeyser. And I disagree that Danny didn't look good on the PP, he didn't look out of place to me. Actually his offensive instincts seem to be better than expected. He's had a couple of instances where he jumps in offensively and does good things. If he keeps playing the kind of defense he is and develops his offensive game a bit he'll be something special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad