Canada
Edmonton Oilers defeat LA Kings 4 - 1

7G3c.gif

edmonton-oilers-hunter.gif

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Props to LA for battling to the bitter end. Unfortunately despite the coaching change, coaching still sunk them for a 3rd year in a row playing that system. Also a tip of the cap for most of the Kings posters for engaging in quality discussion, things rarely got out of hand despite a couple of the games going that way.

Hope you can find a taker for PLD in the offseason :)

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
this brings me so much joy. i was at Honda Center the last game la was there and the Ducks won. king fans were still so arrogant and saying the game didn't matter and they would be adding another Cup banner to the staples (or the crypt as some call it) rafters soon. theyre so delusional they think every time they make the playoffs it's gonna be like 12 and 14 and go on a crazy run. im only talking about the annoying fans i encounter in person, i love and respect most of the diehard posters on here. cheers oilers.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Whats the more surprising stat? Oilers around 50% on the pp or la kings not getting a single powerplay goal all series

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
LA played undisciplined, can't let the Oilers goad them into penalties, can't put the refs in the position to call ticky tack stuff, yada yada yada

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Better team won, was little doubt most of the series.

Was a good proving ground for all of the refs from game 3 on to not ref the next rounds, those guys were lost.

Thanks for the absolute pounding too, should affect change in LA. can't make much of an argument when you, as GM, got the matchup you want, the players you got to 'fix' it, and full health going at it, every condition you want, and objectively have a worse year in the regular season AND playoffs. Of course, the rumors of what that change will be are troubling...but for now, we wait.

Edit: oh and at least Kempe scored one last goal just to at least SORT OF give Oilers fans pause :laugh:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Oilers don't win that without Hyman's dad buying off the refs :sarcasm:

Better team won. Kings have a decent roster but something so incredibly predictable about the way they attack. Just brutal on special teams too. Oil should have an easy path to the WCF considering the state of Vancouver and Nashville right now.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Nickle for every time thats been said. They need to face an Avs type team and beat them first.
I agree. I was not impressed by the Kings, I think they actually downgraded their team with the Dubois trade. The test for the Oilers is how their defense and goaltending can stand up against a skilled, pressure team in playoff series.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad