Kings News: Dan Carcillo to the Kings for conditional 2015 5th rounder

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I think i read somewhere today the trade for him isnt offical yet. Dan would still have to pass a phyical in order for the trade to be offical. Maybes hes waiting till hes passed that first and same with others saying welcome

Yes, that's true. It's all pending on a physical.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
if 5'11" 203 is intimidating ... well you need to grow a pair... if another team has a problem with the guy match up a heavy weight with him... he's dumb enough to go.... hell even Clifford tossed him around... He is a joke that's why it cost the kings a 6th... but if he starts 6 games and injures 6 players on the sharks for the season I guess it was worth it...

51 games 4 goals... isn't bad for 2 seasons... ROFL

Would love to see him on the second line... Keep Carter on his toes... (joke)

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/wait-the-kings-trade-for-dan-carcillo-isnt-official/

“That said, in terms of Danny, the way he plays kind of fits our M.O. He’s certainly gone over the line at times in his career, but all the research we did on him as a person… he’s started to mature in that regard, where he probably went over the edge too much early in his career. But, clearly he’s a guy that provides you with juice, energy, he’s tough. The thing about it is, we’ve seen he’s capable playing with good players. He played with Carter and Richards in Philly, and this year he was on a line with Hossa and Sharp, I believe. So, he has that versatility where he can play a lot of positions for you and move up and play with skilled guys and be a piece of their line by providing space and energy.

Well now if DL is really looking at putting this guy on the second line.... can't wait to see how this goes...

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Isn't it strange that the players haven't welcomed him yet and that Carcillo hasn't made a comment? Hmm

Kopi tweeted him yesterday

Anze Kopitar ✔ @AnzeKopitar @CarBombBoom13 welcome to lala land big guy...
and Eddie Van Halen's son is very excited..

Daniel Carcillo ✔ @CarBombBoom13 “@WolfVanHalen: Freaking STOKED that my great buddy @CarBombBoom13 is now on the @LAKings!!!!!†You and me both brother!! #boom #woh

Ron*

Deal is still contingent on Carcillo passing a physical. It's not official yet.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
if 5'11" 203 is intimidating ... well you need to grow a pair... if another team has a problem with the guy match up a heavy weight with him... he's dumb enough to go.... hell even Clifford tossed him around... He is a joke that's why it cost the kings a 6th... but if he starts 6 games and injures 6 players on the sharks for the season I guess it was worth it...

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/wait-the-kings-trade-for-dan-carcillo-isnt-official/

“That said, in terms of Danny, the way he plays kind of fits our M.O. He’s certainly gone over the line at times in his career, but all the research we did on him as a person… he’s started to mature in that regard, where he probably went over the edge too much early in his career. But, clearly he’s a guy that provides you with juice, energy, he’s tough. The thing about it is, we’ve seen he’s capable playing with good players. He played with Carter and Richards in Philly, and this year he was on a line with Hossa and Sharp, I believe. So, he has that versatility where he can play a lot of positions for you and move up and play with skilled guys and be a piece of their line by providing space and energy.

Well now if DL is really looking at putting this guy on the second line.... can't wait to see how this goes...

:facepalm:

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

well just dont draft him on your fantasy team. our team needs an element of "goonery" or at least someone who can deal with the perrons galliardi's and perrys of our division.

the heavyweights are no longer needed in todays game.

Last edited:

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Carcillo will play the 4th line. And Clifford will move up the depth chart and replace Penner and D Kings role. Because of Cliffords concussion problems he won't fight as much as before, Carcillo will take over the enforcer role.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Carcillo will play the 4th line. And Clifford will move up the depth chart and replace Penner and D Kings role. Because of Cliffords concussion problems he won't fight as much as before, Carcillo will take over the enforcer role.

I have a suspicion that Carcillo will be on the second line... Really hope I'm not right.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I have a suspicion that Carcillo will be on the second line... Really hope I'm not right.

I'm sure Carcillo will get some time in the top 6, but so did Richardson, Clifford and King. I doubt it will be anything permanent. It can be an effective method to provide a spark to jumpstart a slumping line.

KingKopitar11*

Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.

Maybe he was out of the country, funeral, trying out for Dancing With the Stars (the definition of 'star' seems to get weaker each year). :dunno:

Maybe the medical staff was on holidays. Who knows.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Why is he called carbomb anyway? Anyone have any roots to his nickname?

Riley Cote gave it to him at a golf tourny, it's because he tends to explode, aka 'go off' when he's upset.

This is from and ESPN interview in Aug 2011

Even by NHL standards, his "Car Bomb" nickname is pretty unique.

"I was at a golf tournament and they were trying to figure out a nickname and [former Flyer] Riley Cote came up with car bomb and it stuck ever since," Carcillo said. "The way I play and my personality, you know something can set me off so that's why they came up with that nickname."

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Riley Cote gave it to him at a golf tourny, it's because he tends to explode, aka 'go off' when he's upset.

This is from and ESPN interview in Aug 2011

Even by NHL standards, his "Car Bomb" nickname is pretty unique.

"I was at a golf tournament and they were trying to figure out a nickname and [former Flyer] Riley Cote came up with car bomb and it stuck ever since," Carcillo said. "The way I play and my personality, you know something can set me off so that's why they came up with that nickname."

So you're saying there is no chance he takes undisciplined penalties then....:sarcasm:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm watching Flyers/Bruins game 6 in the 2010 playoffs. Carbomb/Richie/Gags all on the same line and they're really good together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad