Damage to the Saddledome and flooding in Calgary

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
domewater_zpsfcaf4195.jpg

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
The flooding in my neighbourhood hasn't affected any houses yet. But it's almost there. It completely washed out a driving range.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
My dad lives in Calgary, he got evacuated, his house is fully submerged.

He was living in High River, now he's located North of Calgary to stay safe.

Stay safe guys!

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
To think I was mad when I woke up this morning and my water heater was flooding my basement, stay safe guys I've got a buddy in Calgary said he was high enough up to be ok. Hope it's over quickly.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
wow, im going to down to calgary today to help friends with the clean up, i used to live down there and as much as I hate calgary, i'll always have a soft spot for them.

And damnit, that stampede area looks destroyed

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Well wishes from NYC. Stay safe everyone.

Where is this coming from just excessive rain or something else?

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Well wishes from NYC. Stay safe everyone.

Where is this coming from just excessive rain or something else?

Massive rainfalls out west, so the Bow and Elbow rivers are both swollen. As well, the ice melting in the mountains always sees the rivers rise this time of year, so it's a bad combination of both.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Honestly people are told to stay away from danger zones yet they still go just to take pictures and all, like honestly...no respect for mother nature.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Massive rainfalls out west, so the Bow and Elbow rivers are both swollen. As well, the ice melting in the mountains always sees the rivers rise this time of year, so it's a bad combination of both.

It's also a low pressure area that's caught up against the mountains and can't go anywhere. The water is all coming back our way. CBC did a great animation of the process on last night's National.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Wow your contractors and trades people are going to be flooded with work... All the damage to all the buildings and all the new constuction you guys might be facing a shortage. Lucky no one has been hurt or life loss.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Wow your contractors and trades people are going to be flooded with work... All the damage to all the buildings and all the new constuction you guys might be facing a shortage. Lucky no one has been hurt or life loss.

That was the case for most of today but that's now changed. CBC has just announced that the RCMP have recovered of two bodies near High River and are waiting to retrieve a third when conditions allow.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Stay safe guys. Hopefully all you'll have to worry about is a musty, damp stadium for a year. :laugh:

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Stay safe everyone. I'm upset this isn't getting more news in the states/internationally. Glad I follow hundreds of Canadians on twitter to keep up. And as horrific as it is, it's incredible that we're able to use the Saddledome as a "measuring stick" (in an almost literal sense) for the destruction this is causing. But again, stay safe! Thought are with you all.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Honestly people are told to stay away from danger zones yet they still go just to take pictures and all, like honestly...no respect for mother nature.

A lot of people look for their 15 minutes of fame in these types of situations. It's not uncommon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad