Damage to the Saddledome and flooding in Calgary

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
The Saddledome is under water and no end is sight and more damage being done on a daily basis. We are at the end of June and are three months away from the start of the season.

Obviously it is early and there is a lot more to be concerned about then hockey games in three months. but both the Hitman and flames obviously need to thinking about what if problems.

My understanding the flooding is up to row ten, the jumbotron had been lowered and is now a write off, dressing rooms are toast and lower levels are extremely damaged.

Sorry if it is too early for this discussion, but what if the arena can not be repaired by late september?

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Agreed. Hockey should be at the bottom of everyone's list. Let's first make sure we can rebuild Calgary back to it's original state, if possible, then we can discuss other matters.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
The news is bleak and getting worse. Realize it is too early. But if the damage is as bad as it looks, this could take awhile to repair

Kyle Halvorson ‏@kylemacy 47m
BREAKING: Water is up to row 10 at Calgary Saddledome. Dressing rooms completely submerged. #yycflood

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Theo Fleury ‏@TheoFleury14 3m
Now hearing that water is up to row 14 at the Dome that means all private boxes are filling up.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Awful what is happening to you guys. Some prayers and thoughts from the Montreal area for everyone that have to deal with what's happening right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

I've been to Calgary twice in the last few years, it's a beautiful city with a lot of warm and friendly people.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As a former Calgary resident, I hope everyone is safe out there, stay strong!

I second this. It's completely unthinkable having lived there. Does anyone know whether the Lake Bonavista neighbourhood is involved? I used to live there and have close friends living there. I know the SE was supposed to be in the flood path, right?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I second this. It's completely unthinkable having lived there. Does anyone know whether the Lake Bonavista neighbourhood is involved? I used to live there and have close friends living there. I know the SE was supposed to be in the flood path, right?

Yeah, it's the same perspective from me, as I used to live in Calgary for many years. I just wish I could fly there and help!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Not as of yet, no. Lake Bonavista is lucky to have Fish Creek park to the south and most of the flood waters would impact there first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad