Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
humerous...

shakes said:
From this article...

Well at least this owner realizes that it might be AHL calibre hockey, though, how he thinks playing AHL calibre hockey and calling it the NHL is in the best interest of the league. Geez.. I wonder what the farm teams are going to look like and what would they charge for the decrease in that quality of hockey.

The best is the best its simply a fact.

There all sorts of reasons why certain players arnt playing in the NHL. Slow skaters, injury prone, greedy... whatever if the players grouped together as the NHLPA cant compete thats too bad for them.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Everyone is missing the point.
Who says what and when, means nothing.
Who is actualy ready to negotiate means everything.

We shall all see in the next week just who is now ready to do a deal.

The owners will have to find a way for the NHLPA to save some face.
The NHLPA must be realistic now that the league is dead and needs to be revived.

blamebettman*

just more wild, baseless accusations and finger pointing from the big babies at the NHL. You can tell they're getting desperate.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
shakes said:
This is the second time the NHL has seen fit to call out the players on the eve of negotiations and play the media game. I don't know how any reasonable person can think this is a good way to bargain, true or not. I don't care how frustrated you are, threatening the group that you are going to the table with the next day is just stupid.

It's a long, long way from the first or only stupid thing the NHL has done. Even in this "bargaining" process.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
AM said:
I think there are about 700 of them right now.
I guess I walked into that one. I thought the guy meant that some people couldnt make it to the nhl because they are slow skaters, injury prone or greedy. I'm not sure how 'greedy' fits in there.

mytor4*

good for daly. seems the only people with balls work for the nhl.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The saga continues...the two major players are Bettman and Goodenow, if there is nothing accomplished this time...then fire both of these boneheads and a deal will ensue with the appointment of two people who know how to NEGOTIATE...obviously these two morons just can't get it done... :madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad