GDT: Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 1/20/13 7PM CT

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I absolutely loathe the Dallas Stars and I'll throw in the Cowboys as well.

I not only want to win but I want to destroy this team.

I see Parise getting his first goal tonight. The place will explode even louder than it did last night. :D

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm already having nightmares of Jagr making Spurg look silly. Dallas is gonna be a much bigger test.

And I'm counting on you, Avder, to include at least one North Stars related rant in this thread. Don't let us down. ;)

Well if I ever do a GDT for a game against Dallas, I've decided I will only be referring to them as the Dallas NHL Franchise. They don't deserve the name they have. Friggin zombie franchise. Only exists to torment us.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
really missed Bouchard out there. Damn i love watching that guy play. so smooth.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
The game infront of own net has got to be better. It'll get nasty if they don't improve in that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The game infront of own net has got to be better. It'll get nasty if they don't improve in that.

our biggest problem last year IMO...neither of our goalies is going to come out of this season looking better than average unless we can fix this.

Hope Hards gets the start tonight--not because i though backs was particularly bad but we're going to need both of them this season and need to get the rust off early.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Wild will need to contain Jagr and Whitney. based on last night and our history against Dallas, I don't think we can tonight. Still too rusty.

Dallas wins 4-2 with their two greybeards responsible for most of the goals.

Wild will score first on a goal by Cullen, and then not score again until end of game on a powerplay where Suter will score.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
We should match our 1st line against their 1st and our 3rd line against their 2nd.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'm going to the game tonight. Wild seems to really flop these Dallas games, usually in Dallas though. I'm hoping for a much more cohesive game, we saw some of that in the 2nd and 3rd last night. Bringing the girly (from Chicago) to her first Wild game. She's damn excited. As she should be. :yo:

OpRedDawn*

We hopefully this new look Wild team ends up being Star killers

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Nice, yay Harding!

I think this team will play very differently against the Stars. Just watch. I don't think our crowd will allow a loss tonight.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I hope these guys have forgotten about last nights game and are focused on Dallas today. It is key that we start the season off hot especially with three home games off the bat. A lot to like from last nights game but there is a lot to improve on.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Well if I ever do a GDT for a game against Dallas, I've decided I will only be referring to them as the Dallas NHL Franchise. They don't deserve the name they have. Friggin zombie franchise. Only exists to torment us.

I did one a couple years ago where I spent the entire GDT discussion referring to them as the Minnesota North Stars.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
More D to D passes on the Dzone and more attitude on protecting the own crease and everything would be fine. We gotta find a Dman somewhere who actually defends our crease and doesn't let guys hang in there (and throw Prosser to wolves, Stoner too if he can't do his damn job protecting the crease).

Offense looks sweet. Wild did actually score 4 goals last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad