Post-Series Talk: Dallas Stars defeat the Vegas Golden Knights, 4-3

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Haha try harder. Just because a hater yells cheater repeatedly doesn't make it truth. I'd be pissed too if my team's management was so inept that did not exploit every possible loophole available within the league rules. We will just let the ring talk my misguided acquaintance.
You should probably direct that comment to stone, Hertl, mantha, hanifin, etc.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
As a neutral observer, I labeled Dallas as chokers after 1st two games. MEA CULPA!!

They showed great character in coming back. Unheralded guys dominated series even though stats may not indicate. Pavelski, Harley, Steel, Smith all did so many of the intangibles seemingly always at critical times

Congrats to Stars on great series

Reactions: Magic Mittens

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
You should probably direct that comment to stone, Hertl, mantha, hanifin, etc.
Hanifin is a funny add to this one. He was an incredible addition that fit like a glove and won multiple games for the Knights this series. Vegas was beat fair and square in the tightest of series with a goal pulled for an extra attacker in every game. I am good with that. I just love to ignite the cheater narrative because it is just too funny to me.

Reactions: hangman005

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Hanifin is a funny add to this one. He was an incredible addition that fit like a glove and won multiple games for the Knights this series. Vegas was beat fair and square in the tightest of series with a goal pulled for an extra attacker in every game. I am good with that. I just love to ignite the cheater narrative because it is just too funny to me.
Yeah, I only watched game 7. Couldn’t tell you who played well, just couldn’t resist the little dig haha.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Its not easy to repeat especially when one of your core players is already as injury prone as Stone that you are able to use LTIR loophole every year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually like Stone, admire a lot of VGK players, and have no problem with them doing the LTIR thing...sorta. I mean, other teams have done the same thing before them. The NHL chose not to close this loophole that allows wealthier teams to have an advantage in the post season, which makes you wonder why they have a salary cap in the 1st place. I fully expect Toronto to have a crippling injury to Tavares next Feb/Mar, which will allow them to trade for 11M in cap acquisitions at the TDL, and for JT to "miraculously" recover in time for the playoffs.

I mean, if you are a GM you are not doing your job if you don't go this route, assuming that your owner can afford it.

Can't bring myself to cheer the team that grabbed the North Stars team, and name, from Minnesota. f*** them.

Reactions: Mike C

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I actually like Stone, admire a lot of VGK players, and have no problem with them doing the LTIR thing...sorta. I mean, other teams have done the same thing before them. The NHL chose not to close this loophole that allows wealthier teams to have an advantage in the post season, which makes you wonder why they have a salary cap in the 1st place. I fully expect Toronto to have a crippling injury to Tavares next Feb/Mar, which will allow them to trade for 11M in cap acquisitions at the TDL, and for JT to "miraculously" recover in time for the playoffs.

I mean, if you are a GM you are not doing your job if you don't go this route, assuming that your owner can afford it.

Can't bring myself to cheer the team that grabbed the North Stars team, and name, from Minnesota. f*** them.

I'd say it's a more likely bet that Tavares isn't even a Leaf after next year's trade deadline......big changes coming here, I can feel it. :laugh:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
GM3H07rWQAAibzW

Reactions: Givememoneyback

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Stone's not wrong. Higher seeds have an easier start. Vegas would have beaten Edmonton or Nashville.
That's the whole point. The simply had to beat the lowly DUCKS to get the #7 seed. They choose to sit all their players and lose the game, and play the Stars since they had more success with the Stars this season. They easily could have finished as the 7th seed and faced the Oilers.

I think that's how it unfolded. Someone can correct me, I don't follow the Knight too closely.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
That's the whole point. The simply had to beat the lowly DUCKS to get the #7 seed. They choose to sit all their players and lose the game, and play the Stars since they had more success with the Stars this season. They easily could have finished as the 7th seed and faced the Oilers.

I think that's how it unfolded. Someone can correct me, I don't follow the Knight too closely.
100%

Reactions: Summer Rose

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Im gonna miss last night. All us fans watching and cheering Vegas lose was something I've never felt on this site. One big family, coming together to fight an evil. I was liking Canucks, leafs, Flames, Avs, and stars fans posts. Now we are back to enemies.

Deep down, I'll never forget May 5th 2024 on Hf boards. :sueme:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

Jamie Benn sure thinks that's what they wanted.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vegas played their ltir games while trolling everyone about it and still lost in the first round lol that’s embarrassing.

It was so sweet watching Stone in considerable agony and barely able to skate while the game slipped away.

Wait I thought Stone was faking injury and was 100%.

I don’t think there is anything embarrassing about losing to Dallas. If anything is embarrassing I would say it’s finishing as an 8th seed after a really hot start to the season.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
You know, when I was looking at Hertl and Stone obviously pressed to limits out there the other night, I figured I’m cool with this.

Before the seeding was done, I’d actually picked a Carolina/Dallas final. Neither spilled milk, nor getting Oettinger’d is something to cry over, and I wish the Stars luck moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing how the Knights maneuver their roster compliance this summer, and to next year.

Props to good hockey and to good hockey fans!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad