Pre-Game Talk: Dallas @ NYR - 1/5/16 - 7:00PM - WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
AV is absolutely right to call out Hank. He's been abysmal.

So what? Without Lundqvist this team is bottom 5 in the league right now. Henrik knows when he is playing poorly. Once again there is no accountability for the players who need to hear how bad they have been.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So what? Without Lundqvist this team is bottom 5 in the league right now. Henrik knows when he is playing poorly. Once again there is no accountability for the players who need to hear how bad they have been.

The last time AV called out Hank he was ****ing Goku for a month and a half.

Some guys don't react well to having their buttons pushed to the media. Hank does.

*Bob Richards*

Lundqvist will reawaken and drag this goddamn terrible hockey team kicking and screaming to the promised land.

This is literally the only hope I have for this season at this point unless they really figure some **** out.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The last time AV called out Hank he was ****ing Goku for a month and a half.

Some guys don't react well to having their buttons pushed to the media. Hank does.

Why do we want Hank to be Goku? So this terrible team can be pulled kicking and screaming into the playoffs for a nice first round exit?

I want all of the scabs and sores he's been masking for years to finally have to answer for their **** play. Lundqvist going god mode just makes everyone think things are candy and rainbows again. The only way this team is actually going to get better is for management to realize how bad this team is when Lundqvist isn't in beast mode.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Man I really wish the beat writers weren't total ******* with zero integrity or balls

The only one I even like is Hartnett

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So I guess AV would like to go back to October when it was God Hank and 5 peewee players on the ice? At least those peewee players have made a slight improvement to Bantam-level.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Why do we want Hank to be Goku? So this terrible team can be pulled kicking and screaming into the playoffs for a nice first round exit?

I want all of the scabs and sores he's been masking for years to finally have to answer for their **** play. Lundqvist going god mode just makes everyone think things are candy and rainbows again. The only way this team is actually going to get better is for management to realize how bad this team is when Lundqvist isn't in beast mode.

see now this hurts to read.

but the truth can be painful

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Somewhat sub-par in comparison to what we are used to, sure (he usually does have a month or two in a season where he looks very human though).

However, what AV is saying is : "Hank, please play better, that will allow the rest of the team (especially the defense) to keep sucking because you'll bail us out most nights" :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I don't disagree, but we're not talking about God mode. Hank has been garbage for a month.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Etem is not an NHL player. Offense isn't there like it was in junior hockey, doesn't play defense well, doesn't hit, doesn't fight. He's big and he has some speed. Basically Vik Stalberg without the defense.

Etem was a 1st round draft choice. Often, kids who are big and fast, as he was, can dominate younger kids who mature later. The problem is, in the NHL, big and fast is not nearly enough. You need to know how to play hockey, which he doesn't.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Believe me, I'd love for AV to get in front of a mic and tell Girardi, Stepan, and Staal that every time they attempt to play hockey a kitten dies. They deserve to be told they're **** on ice just like Hank deserves to be told that recently. I believe everyone should be held to the same standard

But I've resigned myself to the fact that this coach has favorites for no apparent reason and has guys he hates for no apparent reason. I've resigned myself to the fact that our trash management has total faith in this clown. I've resigned myself to the fact that this organization from the front office, to the coach, right down to Joe "Warrior" Micheletti thinks Girardi and Staal are Potvin and Robinson.

We're hitting the ****ing iceberg and we might as well have decent goaltending while we smash into it. We all know Hank is never letting us tank anyway.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

For a reasonably intelligent person such as yourself who enjoys analytical data, your opinion is that of an obtuse layman, which I know you aren't.

Henrik's statistical numbers have taken a terrible hit because of the HDSC (high danger scoring chances) the team in front of him is giving up in record numbers. He's being left out to dry most every single night.

It's clear as day, yet you call his play abysmal?

How many times do we have to go through this, lets do it again!

Goals against average used to be the go-to stat that everyone pointed to when trying to judge a goaltender’s performance.

It’s a hard number. It’s easy to calculate. It tells you everything you need to know about how a goalie is playing, right?

Absolutely wrong.

Goals against average is altered by a variety of factors, and it cannot realistically tell us anything about an individual goaltender. It is simply a team stat. Nothing more, nothing less.

Goaltenders have no control over how many shots they face. They have little control over how many penalties their teams take. They have little control over where the shots they face are coming from, or how plays develop.

All of these points, at varying degrees, have an impact on a goaltender’s goals against average. Collectively, the team influences those things.

http://ingoalmag.com/analysis/its-time-to-scrap-goals-against-average/

Everyone's expectation of Henrik is to be a superhuman goaltender every time he steps onto the ice. This is unrealistic. He's a human being. He isn't some cyborg who can be programmed to stop every single puck that he shot at him (although he stops a large majority of them)

His play hasn't been as bad as some people think it has been. Can he better? Of course! He COULD post a shutout every single night, but again this is unrealistic. Until people start waking up and seeing the actual issues with this team, we will continue to hear ridiculous posts about how abysmal he's been without mentioning or understanding the depth of what causes breakdowns in play which lead to HDSC's all over the ice on a nightly basis.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How many times have we given up five goals this month? I don't think less than five is unrealistic.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Nevesis has henrik ever had a bad game or goal against in his career? Because it seems like EVERY goal he allows, you're there to post two seconds later making some excuse for him. He hasn't been good by his standards for the last month. There's nothing wrong with that statement. You're right the D hasn't helped but it's beyond obvious he's still not playing at his average level. Not asking for god mode from him every game. Henrik isn't untouchable when it comes to any/all criticism

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I can't believe AV just shifted focus to Hank. I mean he's been less than stellar and isn't absolved from criticism, but for ****'s sake, there's at least 5 or 6 other players you can call out before him.

I can believe it. He's simply not given us superstar play for a while, now, this season. Have no problem with AV's quote.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Ehh it doesn't matter either way. The defense will continue to be garbage, but management won't fix the issues. What's the point of arguing about Lundquist, we all know he has been going through a rough patch but he was going to correct it

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012

"We need Hank to start winning games for us again. Yeah the team defense has been an abortion all year long, but fixing that means fixing like 20 guys. If we could just get Hank, one guy, to win games for us again it would save myself, the assistant coaches, the GM and many others quite a bit of hard work."

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Yeah, I'm the biggest Hank fan and he has definitely been struggling. It's easy to make excuses for the goals against and obviously they're not all his fault, but he definitely hasn't looked comfortable or like his normal self for the past few weeks. I definitely have noticed his movements not being as crisp and him being a split second late on some reads and not tracking the puck as well as he was earlier in the season.

Personally I think he had a few rough games and they definitely had a significant impact on his confidence. With the D playing as badly as it was for a stretch, he was facing some insane scoring chances against him and also had some bad luck with broken plays and stuff. I think subconsciously it all has an impact on him and the mental aspect of goaltending is so important that him having his personal confidence take a hit as well as him losing faith in his defense, even the slightest bit, has an influence on his play. It makes him hesitate just a split second here and there and from there it can snowball away.

All Hank needs is to have maybe 2 or 3 solid games in a row and get his confidence back and he will be okay.

Exactly! The narrative about Nash being a stat padder and only scoring goals that don't matter when the game is over is insane. How do people really say this stuff when the facts clearly shoot it right down.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
please miss the ****ing playoffs... I'm done with this team for the year if they can't pull their heads out of their *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad