Dale Tallon is not happy with the officiating

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
^you suck it up till Bjugstad gets going.

This team will not go far without Bjugstad producing....flatout you bite the bullet till he is ready.

And he becomes ready by playing.

No unecessary changes.

Pirri swap to another line is about it. but Bjugstad stays where he is

But all 3 lines where contributing before, who's to say we were not going to continue doing well and go far? To me , Knight brings more intangible to that line than Bjugs. Or at least wait till we started cooling off before we had to mess with the lines.
And I don't think we should break the second line either just yet.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Good on Tallon I was just saying the same thing that we had 0 PPs in the Edmonton fiasco and 1 PP which was a two many men call. You mean to tell me both of hose teams played clean games. Get out of here. Well I'm glad the league could finally get rid of a Florida team bring the best team in the league over those 13 games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
But all 3 lines where contributing before, who's to say we were not going to continue doing well and go far? To me , Knight brings more intangible to that line than Bjugs. Or at least wait till we started cooling off before we had to mess with the lines.
And I don't think we should break the second line either just yet.

Agreed. And that's why I've always been on the Bjugstad to the wing wagon.

Bjugstad Knight Shaw

Howden/Pirri - Dmac - thornton/Brickley

Pirri needs a seat for now to be honest

EstConf96*

Have this team or it's fanbase ever been happy with the officiating?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Almost feels like being a Heat fan back in the early 2000's when Riley was the headcoach. Felt like the refs weren't calling penalties due to spats with Riley.

However, for the Panthers, it could be due to the location/lack of respect for the franchise in general

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Good on Tallon I was just saying the same thing that we had 0 PPs in the Edmonton fiasco and 1 PP which was a two many men call. You mean to tell me both of hose teams played clean games. Get out of here. Well I'm glad the league could finally get rid of a Florida team bring the best team in the league over those 13 games.

Whaaa?

EstConf96*

giphy.gif

Im with you on this one. Care to explain FinlandPanther?

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
giphy.gif

Im with you on this one. Care to explain FinlandPanther?

Think he meant to say that the League got what they wanted... Not a lot of "support" for a SoFla that was dead not long ago !

Still, I don't blame it on the League but on the level of the referees... And I mean, through the whole NHL, for each game on every night, the show is awful !

I know the zebras have a pretty hard job to do, and it is always easy to pick on them... But what I can't stand is their inconsistency ! Games like Edmonton and Vancouver shouldn't happen, never...

Also, I've seen guys dumping it in the last two years and being held for a good second by the defenseman without having an arm up the whole game... And I'm not talking about good positional play where a D has the ability to slow down the attacking player during his pivot... I'm talking about an arm grabbing and pushing the guy on the board, or something like that...

If only THOSE calls were made... I can bet there would be a WHOLE GOAL more per games that get scored !

Yet all you see each and every night is those refs playing lotto...

"Oh that was one ? Yeah ? Sure... Mmmmm, don't bet on it... I'd rather take my chance with the next bizarre thing happening on the ice... Okay sounds like a good plan !"

Glad Dale came out...

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Jugs needs to play the wing IMO. He should be that scoring winger that Tallon is looking to add.

Wish I could say he'll get a chance there soon, but I'm highly doubtful. Been told there have been no discussions re: Bjugs playing the wing.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Wish I could say he'll get a chance there soon, but I'm highly doubtful. Been told there have been no discussions re: Bjugs playing the wing.

He is a waste on the 3rd line, and Trocheck is a waste in the bottom six, and Tro is better suited at center. This is not a great problem to have.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Wow! How quick everyone is to write off Nick, no where to put him, Tro is better, etc.

Let's trade a 25 goal scorer because Trochek has more energy. :sarcasm:

Nick is a proven goal scorer, streaky at times but still...

Why isn't Nick on the second powerplay? Sticking with Pirri on the first and Nick on the second sniping from the circle. Could start him up with a few one-timer goals if we ever get powerplay time.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Wow! How quick everyone is to write off Nick, no where to put him, Tro is better, etc.

Why isn't Nick on the second powerplay? Sticking with Pirri on the first and Nick on the second sniping from the circle. Could start him up with a few one-timer goals if we ever get powerplay time.

He is, but remember that we've only had one power play total the last 2 games + he wasn't on PP for the first couple games back.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I. Love. Tallon.

If this world wants a real TRUTH serum... You have to draw blood from Tallons veins.

In Tallon. We trust.

If I see that man in Calgary tomorrow I will shake his hand. I don't shake just anyone's hand.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I wish our team had more acting like other teams where they immediately fall down when they feel a stick, flinch their arm when they feel a hook or flinch their head back in screaming agony even when they aren't high sticked.

Refs are completely reactionary.

Remember the two high sticks at Pitt not called. Drew blood. Then Panthers got called for penalty shortly thereafter. I'd love to know home DRAWN penalties vs road over past couple seasons. I'd rather not know actually :shakehead No respect as road team. And people can't say anymore you need to be WINNERS to draw calls in this league:shakehead

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Remember the two high sticks at Pitt not called. Drew blood. Then Panthers got called for penalty shortly thereafter. I'd love to know home DRAWN penalties vs road over past couple seasons. I'd rather not know actually :shakehead No respect as road team. And people can't say anymore you need to be WINNERS to draw calls in this league:shakehead

Panthers are tied for the 6th fewest road PP opportunities in the league with 57. Ducks have the fewest with 46.

We have the most home PP opportunities in the league with 87.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
These last two games were ridiculous. You would think that a first place team, on a 10+ game winning streak, would get a little bit better attention from the officials. Not saying that they should have favored the Panthers, but at least be a bit more fair with the calls. If you are going to call the Jagr hook last night, you call the hook on Jagr prior to that. Ekblad gets his lid knocked off of his head, at the start of a game, and nothing is called. Jagr gets his teeth knocked out in front of the net, where all four officials have their eyes centered at, and nothing is called. That is unacceptable, period. Last night wasnt even about the streak ending, there were missed calls left and right. Im glad that melee happened at the end, after the OT goal. Im sure the whole team is pissed off, and Im glad they let loose some of that steam.

Worse part, that's all you had time to type.

Greg Kimmerly sucks. Two nights in a row. Should face punishment for that display.

I kept saying they would be the reason this streak ended. Was praying for a whole meal of crow.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

As far back as I can remember the refs have always heard boos when they first step onto the ice before the players. I'm pretty sure it like that in every arena. It's not just Panthers Fans.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The non-call on the Hendricks hit really ticked me off and it's probably what set Tallon off as well.

Ok, if the department of player safety deemed the hit illegal nearly just 24 hours after it happened, then why wasn't it as evident to the refs on the ice at Rexall? Doesn't make sense. The guy left his feet, lunged into a player who was turned, in a vulnerable position and not expecting to get put through the glass.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Agreed. And that's why I've always been on the Bjugstad to the wing wagon.

Bjugstad Knight Shaw

Howden/Pirri - Dmac - thornton/Brickley

Pirri needs a seat for now to be honest

Pirri-Bjugstad-Shaw is clearly not working neither defensively nor offensively whereas all the other lines click at least defensively.

Bjugy will be fine, but he needs stronger support. This line did not get any cycle going and they are not that fast to be a real transition force. Knight should fit better with Bjugstad in the O-zone and come back as our lucky gem for our next win streak.

Pirri did not show anything recently whether negative nor positive, just kind of being there. This is not enough, I'd even prefer Howden with Bjugs since Bjugs can't be a one-man show (yet) and Howden makes a lot of room for his partners with his speed.

Anyone for a try of Rau with Bjugstad soon with their proven chemistry...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad