GDT: dalcar

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Here. Let me try to fix it for you all.

Aho-Staal-Teravainen
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
McGinn-Ryan-Williams
Nordstrom-Kruger-Jooris

Everyone ok? Now he’s not on the second line.

Skinner has been the third line left wing since Peters got here. Never mind anything else, including but not limited to, TOI, common sense, actual deployment, etc. etc.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Skinner has been the third line left wing since Peters got here. Never mind anything else, including but not limited to, TOI, common sense, actual deployment, etc. etc.

Proposal: Peters needs to send a message to this team. Shake up the lines big time.

Nordstrom-Kruger-Jooris
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
McGinn-Ryan-Williams
Aho-Staal-Teravainen

Maybe a demotion to the 4th line will be enough motivation for Aho to stop dogging it and actually even TRY to score a goal.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
If he is dishing to players who score, so be it. I've been a vocal detractor of Ryan but he has 5 points in the last 5 games and has a better faceoff % than any other center on the team. He is doing about as well as could possibly be expected. If Derek Ryan is the driver of your offense that's the management's fault, not his
Fair enough, and I know we don't really have traditional 1, 2, 3 lines. I will add though, Ryan didn't really dish the puck out to players who scored...first one was a shot attempt he shanked off the heel of his stick and McGinn swatted it home, the second he swatted at the puck and chipped it up ice where McGinn won the race. I mean, it worked, McGinn got 2 goals and Ryan the primary assists, dirty or not if it worked it worked...but I have trouble really giving much credit to Ryan for setting them up, they were good puck luck. I mean, I guess at this point it's hard to argue Rask has been any better as "2C"...i think that's the real crux of it.

Anyone else a little surprised at this point that Williams leads the team in points?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Maybe, just maybe...

Derek Ryan, who scored 29 points in 67 games last year, and has 8 points in 15 games this year, is actually one of the 372 best forwards in North America and actually belongs on an NHL roster in some capacity.

Yeah, everything I've seen so far tells me he's better than Rask, just not as big.....

....ok, I get it now.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I'm not trying to claim that Ryan is the second coming of Marc Savard or anything, just saying that he's getting results right now when no one else is. There not being any other good options is not the fault of the players or the coach, just a sad reality.

He's the new Chad Larose. Chad had 76 goals over 5 seasons, including 2 19 goal seasons. There are a lot of decent hockey players in the NHL who will never score 19 goals in a season.

Ryan is the same thing. In a perfect world, you want someone better. But he passes the puck well. He knows where he's supposed to be. He wins faceoffs. He doesn't make his linemates worse. He's shown he can put up decent points over a decent sample size.

He's definitely a weird pick for team scapegoat.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
That's just not true. He's third amongst our forwards in average ES ice time per game this season, was *first* last year, 5th in 15-16, and 5th in 14-15.

Just because Mike Smith and Chip Alexander like to frequently list his line as being the "third line" doesn't mean that he's actually getting third line ice time. Does anyone here watch the games or even look at the stats? Peters has been pretty consistently been going with three "scoring" lines where each line gets similar ice time. Would it make some of you feel better if Skinner-Rask-Lindholm was listed by our writers as the first line instead of the third? It makes no difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00