Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Chiasson/Guptill/Paul/2nd R to OTT for Spezza/L Karlsson

NukeJukes43

rofl I heard that and shook my head

I'd be okay with giving Spezza and 'A' but no way is he dethroning our boy Jamie

Yeah I see Seguin and Spezza each getting an A. Unless they wanna give it to Roussel...

:sarcasm:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Definitely gives Ruff a run for his money in quality of interviews. Could see Spezza as a coach in the future given his leadership qualities and hockey IQ.

Ruff is a good interview too, I was talking about players. It's just nice to see a guy embrace it. I don't fault the other guys for not being better at it, it's not "part of hockey" but it is part of being a professional athlete. We haven't had many good interviews on the team really ever. Guerin was pretty good, Ott wasn't bad but he didn't have the same cache as a guy like Spezza. Modano, Morrow, etc. were some of the most boring interviews ever.

Brand New Stars

The Stars love them some lights out over the ice photo shoots.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Have only watched the first couple minutes of the presser so far, but he looks ridiculously happy during the picture taking moments and when putting on the jersey.

yea, promising that it could be longer term with all the positive body language.

Primetimey*

Can anyone link the radio clip from The Ticket this morning with Spezza?

Thanks

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Finally getting a chance to watch the video ... how cool was that first answer?

Heika wants to know about not living in a hockey market and being the 2nd line center now .... Spezza talks about winning the Cup first and foremost and wanting to be a part of a team.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Finally getting a chance to watch the video ... how cool was that first answer?

Heika wants to know about not living in a hockey market and being the 2nd line center now .... Spezza talks about winning the Cup first and foremost and wanting to be a part of a team.

Yeah, he didn't even really answer the hockey market question. Just wants to win.

I also thought his comment about things get around the league pretty quick (about Dallas being on the upswing, GM, ownership, etc.) was pretty interesting. His coming here kind of signifies that in itself but mentioning it outright was pretty cool.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
God I love Jim Nill, but he pronounces basically all of the names wrong. Lol

We say- spetz-zuh
He says- spessa

We say- say-gen
He says- say-gan

We say- Klingberg/Ritchie
He says- Gonchar/Cole

NukeJukes43

We say- spetz-zuh
He says- spessa

We say- say-gen
He says- say-gan

He says- Gonchar/Cole

Hahahahaha. Spot on

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub

We say- spetz-zuh
He says- spessa

We say- say-gen
He says- say-gan

He says- Gonchar/Cole
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Listening to the Ticket link now ...

Sounds like the perfect compliment to Benn. Said he's a vocal leader.

Nice to hear Ott, "spoke the world of Dallas."

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
After watching the presser, I'm feeling pretty confident that he'll re-sign here as long as this next season doesn't absolutely suck. He seemed to genuinely enjoy it all, and I really can't wait to see him on the ice this fall.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Gonchar(if he's still here come October) could be the one who get's a spark from playing with Spezza again.. 2 full seasons plus the lockout year together might make him earn his 5m this time.. Or maybe they hate each other, I don't know HAH..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad