Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CHI] Max Domi and Dylan Wells for Anton Khudobin and 2025 2nd round pick

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Decent top9 option for a 2025 2nd rounder and a capdump to make the money work. Domi obviously has massive defensive warts but he worked ok with the Canes last year after the deadline. No reason he can't with the Stars.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Really bummed as Hawk fan. After Kane traded and Lukas Reichel being called up was hoping he would get to play with Domi. Oh well. At least he still has Tyler Johnson to play with until Johnson gets another injury.

I know the 2nd rounder and other picks is good for the long term, but the roster being gutted like this is really a gut punch here. Outside of Reichel, there really is zero to watch on this team the rest of the year. Will most likely just follow the box scores and the Beddard race.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
He's allergic to defense and not consistent enough offensively to make up for it.
So like the entire Montreal roster? Maybe it's the teams he played on more so than him all the time. Out of his 19 games with Carolina he has played on shit teams who are still shitty.

Reactions: JackTColton

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
So like the entire Montreal roster? Maybe it's the teams he played on more so than him all the time. Out of his 19 games with Carolina he has played on shit teams who are still shitty.
Domi played 4th line minutes when the Habs went to the cup finals but sure. He can be a very dynamic offensive player when he's at his best but at least in Montreal there was a noticeable lack on defensive effort from him. I haven't followed Domi much since he left but the analytics seem to hint that those issues still plague him. Just piss poor defensive metrics in each of the last three seasons.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Domi played 4th line minutes when the Habs went to the cup finals but sure. He can be a very dynamic offensive player when he's at his best but at least in Montreal there was a noticeable lack on defensive effort from him. I haven't followed Domi much since he left but the analytics seem to hint that those issues still plague him. Just piss poor defensive metrics in each of the last three seasons.

I'd be interested how his metrics looked in his stint with the Canes last year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Somebody tell the Hawks the tanking is for only this year.

Hawks have been very bad for several years ago. If it wasn't for the play-in round and the bubble playoffs they've have missed the playoffs 5 times straight already and this year beeing the 6th straight

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Still doesn’t change the fact that he’s now on his 6th team at Just 28.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Still doesn’t change the fact that he’s now on his 6th team at Just 28.

Yeah and most likely he'll be on his 7th team next season. He's a mercenary with some major warts in his game but also adds value to a team on offense especially as a passer. He was traded for a 2025 2nd and a capdump . Nothing major.

He's purely a rental imho to spark some offense into the 3rd line and round out the top 9 .

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Congrats on being in a playoff spot.

They should be trying to get to the finals and they are adding Domi?
Yeah greeeeeeat.

These are as vanilla moves as you can make.

West is wide open and this is what they can do?
I'll ask you then: Whom should they be getting, with the assets they currently have (assuming you know what tradeable assets the Stars have)?

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I do not understand why Domi cannot stay anywhere. There are much worse players that stick on teams. He seems to get picked up and then immediately moved. Kraken had a chance to take him in the expansion draft and they took Gavin Bayreuther who was a AHL FA that turned around and resigned with CBJ. So CBJ wanted to give him away for nothing and Kraken would rather have nothing than him. Is there a locker room issue with him?

Reactions: Neil Racki and teal

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I do not understand why Domi cannot stay anywhere. There are much worse players that stick on teams. He seems to get picked up and then immediately moved. Kraken had a chance to take him in the expansion draft and they took Gavin Bayreuther who was a AHL FA that turned around and resigned with CBJ. So CBJ wanted to give him away for nothing and Kraken would rather have nothing than him. Is there a locker room issue with him?
By all accounts, the Hawks are very interested in bringing him back next year. He definitely had locker room issues in the past but seems to have cleaned up his act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad