Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CHI] Max Domi and Dylan Wells for Anton Khudobin and 2025 2nd round pick

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Happy with this deal as a Dallas fan. Some people are saying Dallas should have gone more all in but the core (Hintz, Robertson, Miro, Oettinger) are all 23-26 years old. Dallas doesn’t need to go all in and it’s much smarter to hang onto the prospects and next years 1st for multiple kicks at the can with this core

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Okay, now where is the Tweet by the Dallas Stars saying whether he is playing or not.
I'm guessing chicago and Dallas would like to finalize this deal by the time the games over so domi could simply leave with his new team 🤔

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Perhaps they didn't get the trade finalized and submitted to the league before the 5PM EST cutoff.

Also Dallas would have had to demote a player by 5PM to clear cap space.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Perhaps they didn't get the trade finalized and submitted to the league before the 5PM EST cutoff.

Also Dallas would have had to demote a player by 5PM to clear cap space.
Can they still ink the deal right after the game ? Or must they wait?

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
yeah he's fine. He's just been traded a lot, and this year he signed a 1 year deal which was probably his best offer, and traded again. Never heard a bad word about him, just how it is for some guys in the pro hockey world. Beats bouncing around various SPHL/ECHL/AHL cities like a lot of "journeymen"

I haven’t either heard bad either, which was why I was trying to get some insight from fans of teams he’s been on. I’ve always enjoyed watching his game as a Sharks fan — even when he was giving it to Couture last game we played. He’s got an attitude and some swagger and as a hockey fan it’s great.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really care much for Max Domi as a deadline acquisition. I think in general, he fits the bill of "good player on a bad team" but "bad player on a good team". He seems to need to play center, with some top minutes with skilled offensive linemates to really get much out of him.

However...if there's a playoff team where i could see them accommodating that to some extent, it's Dallas.

I could see a scenario where you play him at "center" between Benn and Seguin, for a line with three guys who can all kinda-sorta play Center. And i could see that actually being a somewhat successful way of filling out that 2nd line.

Seems like a steep price to pay for Domi, but at least Dallas aren't tied to him contractually for a bunch of extra years like the Penguins with similarly disappointing Granlund for a comparable acquisition price. And at the end of the day...it's a late 2nd a bunch of years from now? Big whoop.

That is more picks than the Canucks have.

Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad