Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CHI] Johnny Oduya (50% retained) for Mark McNeill, Cond. 2018 4th Round Pick

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Just makes me wonder about Hammers injury being day-to-day...Oduya's been having foot issues lately...He's a good steady piece when healthy.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I don't see the point for Chicago. This is the kind of move the Pens made from 2010-2015 when shero was continuously just rehashing departed players from the 09 cup team.

Wow, where to start...

You don't see the need for the Hawks? Have you not been watching them lately? Only flaw on the team has been defensive zone coverage, and the pairings aren't properly aligned.

Now they can put Oduya and Hammer back together, and Keith and Seabs back together. While moving Kempny to the 3rd pairing.

How do you not understand this? Or did you just assume things?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
A pick is not nothing. Especially for the corpse of a player. Stan Bowman is just wasting picks left and right. He did it the other day and now he's done it again.

Wait...

You were being serious?

:laugh: :laugh:

Even more funny than if you had been joking. Wow. Thanks for making me laugh.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Whoa what

edit: Now I've had time to process. Am happy to have him back. Stan has really turned what was a weakness last year (defensive depth) into a strength.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Solid move for Chicago. Get some experience in the depth defense and at LD down the stretch. Maybe going back to Chicago will revive Oduya's game too. They gave up very little for potentially a lot.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm sure Oduya is pleased to be going back to a familiar organization and one which has a great shot at another cup....

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Wow, where to start...

You don't see the need for the Hawks? Have you not been watching them lately? Only flaw on the team has been defensive zone coverage, and the pairings aren't properly aligned.

Now they can put Oduya and Hammer back together, and Keith and Seabs back together. While moving Kempny to the 3rd pairing.

How do you not understand this? Or did you just assume things?
Why are you assuming Oduya is the same player now that he was when he left? Or what he even was last year. There is no guarantee he can handle top 4 minutes at his age and fighting injury. It is worth the risk because the price was basically nothing from the Hawks perspective, but don't be so quick to just pencil Oduya back into his old spot.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Welcome back Johnny!

Happy to see McNeil get a shot somewhere else too.
Good deal all around.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He has an NTC and that can severely decrease the market for him and therefore shrink his value.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I also think the Stars did a solid by Oduya. He's a hard worker and they let him go to a place where he fit best. McNeil and a 4th rounder for half retained Oduya is an organization trying to do right for a veteran who they probably liked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad