Rumor: Daddy comes back to spank us

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
That's not why people were upset with that clout chasing clown

I didn’t mean to suggest people should eat crow for personally disliking Martian.

Many said he was wrong or was making it up.

Clearly he has some info. Those who said he was wrong about the info or that he didn’t have sources should eat crow.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Brown was making 4M so an extension that would have kicked in this year so I’m assuming he would have wanted 5M which doesn’t really fit this years cap or moving forward, unless you are of the opinion Brown would play ahead of Batherson or Giroux. Brown was basically a 15-20 goal scorer that could PK. I don’t see how that would fit.

3.6 AAV, 4.0 salary... not the big deal you thought...

And it's a bit useless to have such a shallow scouting report... "a 15-20 goal scorer that could PK" doesn't say anything. That's the type of arguments I see from Leafs fans or Sens haters who try to destruct our players. Look at this for example :

Drake Batherson has 38 ES goals in 235 NHL games, which is an average of 13 ES goals per 82 games. He makes near 5 M$, let's waive him and hope someone will take him, if not we'll have to pay to dump him.

And anyway, AGAIN (you missed the point twice already), I was talking about making the playoffs LAST year, not about a Brown extension... It's really important to grasp these main ideas when discussing. If not, it's just flip flopping.

Had Dorion kept Brown, we'd be sitting here talking about how stupid he was for not realizing that Brown was overvalued due to playing a greater role on a bad team, and how his 5 year 4.5M AAV contract is an albatross that prevented us from signing a great starting goalie like Korpisalo.

Well, I don't know about that... If Brown never left and then never got injured (butterfly effect) and also assuming that Paul was not traded, maybe he'd still be the same player as he was here. It's also very early to decide that he is bad now, he is just coming back from a major injury and a missed season.

He was not overvalued, he's a top skater with flawless 2-way work ethic and who can do a bit of everything relatively well. Maybe he wouldn't get 50+ pts seasons (pace due to Covid shortened seasons) with the team accumulating more talent but that's not what would have been needed. A Paul - Pinto - Brown line would have been great and also perfect for Pinto rookie season.

He was under contract at 3.6 AAV last season, he could have even been our own "rental" for the season but any hope of extension was apparently gone with Paul being traded

But moot point anyway as you probably didn't see my initial point that Paul, Brown and Gustavsson gone and badly replaced was probably the reason why we missed the playoffs last year

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Imagine spending a billion dollars to buy the SENS and losing your 1st round pick! This is an unnecessary problem for new management to deal with... Goodbye Dorion this was a self inflicted wound...

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
That's not why people were upset with that clout chasing clown
Correct he may be right in the end but tried to absolve himself and back up by saying he’s just a conduit or whatever (to clarify he had emphatically stated that Dorion was going to be fired, as if it was imminent, and then had to dial it back with a follow-up tweet)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ok well now that is confirmed it’s a first rounder.. although sens can kick it to 2026…

Pierre can not serve as the GM anymore it’s time to cut the cord. That is easily fireable.

Reactions: SensHulk

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Imagine spending a billion dollars to buy the SENS and losing your 1st round pick! This is an unnecessary problem for new management to deal with... Goodbye Dorion this was a self inflicted wound...
It’s becoming clearer to me that Ryan Bowness was hired because of this debacle…NHL strongly suggested this hire and it happened after the dadanov trade

Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Kick it back to 2026 and hope Bettman keels over from a heart attack in the meantime

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
3.6 AAV, 4.0 salary... not the big deal you thought...

And it's a bit useless to have such a shallow scouting report... "a 15-20 goal scorer that could PK" doesn't say anything. That's the type of arguments I see from Leafs fans or Sens haters who try to destruct our players. Look at this for example :

Drake Batherson has 38 ES goals in 235 NHL games, which is an average of 13 ES goals per 82 games. He makes near 5 M$, let's waive him and hope someone will take him, if not we'll have to pay to dump him.

And anyway, AGAIN (you missed the point twice already), I was talking about making the playoffs LAST year, not about a Brown extension... It's really important to grasp these main ideas when discussing. If not, it's just flip flopping.

Well, I don't know about that... If Brown never left and then never got injured (butterfly effect) and also assuming that Paul was not traded, maybe he'd still be the same player as he was here. It's also very early to decide that he is bad now, he is just coming back from a major injury and a missed season.

He was not overvalued, he's a top skater with flawless 2-way work ethic and who can do a bit of everything relatively well. Maybe he wouldn't get 50+ pts seasons (pace due to Covid shortened seasons) with the team accumulating more talent but that's not what would have been needed. A Paul - Pinto - Brown line would have been great and also perfect for Pinto rookie season.

He was under contract at 3.6 AAV last season, he could have even been our own "rental" for the season but any hope of extension was apparently gone with Paul being traded

But moot point anyway as you probably didn't see my initial point that Paul, Brown and Gustavsson gone and badly replaced was probably the reason why we missed the playoffs last year

You can't really describe Brown as an own-rental because his 4M salary went to fund other moves. We were still a budget team. If we keep Brown, we lose 4M of other players. So there would have been no own-rental aspect to keeping Brown. Whether we used that 4M+2nd more effectively than keeping Brown would be a different argument entirely, but it isn't fair to categorize keeping him as an own-rental when his 4M would have deprived the team of other pieces that they either were able to keep or added.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He likely was, just had to wait for this announcement. Decisions can be made before they are official.
He should not have said Dorion has been relieved of his duties that's the one that annoyed me. A simple "I'm hearing Dorion is on shaky ground per the streets" would have sufficed. Saying he's gone then being like err I mean he will be gone later I'm just a conduit for the streets.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Bro said Dorion was relieved of his duties then walked it back. Homie can suck it.

He said it wasn't done "yet".

It's not hard to believe that the team was waiting for this to drop before announcing the firing of Pierre. It's a nice way to redirect the focus of fans. Instead of dwelling on the 1st round pick, they'll celebrate the end of Pierre.

With that said, it wasn't exactly a ballsy call. Pierre has been a dead man walking since Andlauer took over.

The sale taking as long as it did got him a few extra paycheques, but he was never going to be this team's GM moving forward. It was always a matter of time.

Same goes for DJ. He knows he's done. It just may take another couple of months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad