D Erik Brannstrom (2017, 15th, VGK - Traded to OTT)

potatopete

Jul 18, 2016
Its that time of month again to bump his thread.

How is he not ranked higher for most people? I really don't understand. Cale Makar is no bigger, and people aren't saying he's too short to go in the 10-20 range.
Cale Makar is a good ol' canadian boy so that automatically adds an inch or two and 10 lbs

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Had another good game today vs USA, was awarded with Swedens motm by the jury. Was an absolute beast on the PP and scored a goal (it says he had an assist aswell but that's wrong, should be Liljegrens secondary assist).

Tracked his game 5v5 manually, this is what i got:
CF%: 50% (9 CF, 9 CA)
iCF: 3
Successful breakout: Atleast a million :)
Shot attempts and shot assists on the PP: Infinite.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Big fan of this guy's skillset. Has all the tools needed to become a good powerplay quarterback at the NHL level. From my viewings he has good hands, a smooth skating stride, strong offensive IQ, particularly on the PP where he sets up and takes chances routinely, and good goal scoring instincts from the back end. Looks to also be quite strong on the transition and isn't afraid to join the rush. He's gonna need to add some weight and strength so he can hold his own along the boards against men, but everything else points to a quality offensive Dman at the NHL level. He's also very young for this draft class, being born less than two weeks before the 09/15 cut off date. Hoping the Leafs can get their hands on him.

Last edited:

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Forgot to mention that he had two shots that hit the pipes aswell, think both were on the PP.

Edit: Am i the only one who sees A LOT of Gostisbehere in him? Especially the way he moves (except he doesn't do the pirouettes that Ghost does).

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
A very nice assist on 1-0 today, starting to make an impact in the SHL at 17, not bad. I think he'll keep rising pretty much every week until draft day, my dream of having NYR draft him looks like a pipe dream :(

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Not ranked in Craig Button's top 100. Falling?

Very weird if he's falling since he had a fantastic U18 five nations in February and has started to make some waves in SHL aswell. Probably just a case where Button haven't watched him lately or something. He's a riser on just about every other list i've seen.

Edit: Got a link to his new rankings?

Last edited:

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
1+1 tonight as HV71 clinched a spot in the semi finals of the J20 SuperElit playoffs, he's 2+3 in 5 games in the playoffs so far. Scored this sweet goal today.

I really hope he drops to NYR and that we pick him.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If someone wonders: Erik is good enough to play in the SHL (he's been really impressive) but HV71 has the best d-corps in the league this year. Nicklas Hansson was one of the better defenders last year and even he can't crack the top 6.

He's really small though, might have a problem to get a "NHL" body.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Brännström has been allowed to participate in the U-18 world championships, even though his club HV71 is still playing in the SHL playoffs. Good news for team Sweden.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If someone wonders: Erik is good enough to play in the SHL (he's been really impressive) but HV71 has the best d-corps in the league this year.

Will he be in the SHL full time next season?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Interesting to compare he and Rasmus Dahlin. Only 6 months difference in age and very comparable production in J20 and SHL. Brannstrom actually better production, overall. Dahlin obviously a bigger frame and the better prospect overall I guess, but just as a comparison, makes you think Brannstrom could definitely be a riser, perhaps into the top 15 by the draft.

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Brännström has been really good so far vs Russia. Nice move to make the Russian player take a penalty and then he scored a great goal walking by a Russian forward from the point on the PP. I was excited to see Liljegren but Brännström has been way better this game. Just one period of hockey played so far tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad