PGT: Czech Republic vs. Canada - Canada 6 Czech Republic 0 F

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Canada could have filled out two teams and they both would be more stacked than any other team in this tourney.

kary

May 12, 2016
I only saw the 1st period, than I went to bed. The first 10-15 minutes were pretty even with good chances on both sides. Still, if they are to have a chance they need to keep up at least 60 minutes, not 10, and letting the flood gates open when you start to lose is just embarrassing.
Well there is nothing to do but to thank team Canada for a thorough rectal examination, the first 10 minutes turned out to be just some initial resistance when penetrating the outer rim.

Last edited:

Dris

Feb 22, 2014
Helsinki
I was expecting something way closer such a 3-1 for Canada. Specially after the first upset, and cause the czechs have been playing really consistently during the exhibition games...

But with that level of concentration, chemistry between superstars completely gelled, really good-coaching, and the depth and talent that Canada's squad has..the big question for me is who can provide real opposition...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Czechs didn't even play that poorly. Canada is just on another level. Complete buy-in from all 18 skaters at all times. Could be ugly for the U.S. on Tuesday, especially if they try to rough it up, the Canadians might just skate circles around them.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I was expecting something way closer such a 3-1 for Canada. Specially after the first upset, and cause the czechs have been playing really consistently during the exhibition games...

But with that level of concentration, chemistry between superstars completely gelled, really good-coaching, and the depth and talent that Canada's squad has..the big question for me is who can provide real opposition...

No one. Possibly the US game since their team was built specifically to beat Canada if no other team :D

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa

I don't think anyone can run 4 lines like us. We are able to put highly skilled players out and have then give it their all every shift. Crosby only played 13 minutes but he put more effort into each shift then he would in the NHL when he plays 18-20 minutes. It is a massive advantage for us to be able to have that level of intensity from elite players throughout the whole game.

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
I don't think anyone can run 4 lines like us. We are able to put highly skilled players out and have then give it their all every shift. Crosby only played 13 minutes but he put more effort into each shift then he would in the NHL when he plays 18-20 minutes. It is a massive advantage for us to be able to have that level of intensity from elite players throughout the whole game.

Agreed. The depth on this squad makes coaching against them unbelievably difficult. How do you "game plan" against such a team?

Now, there are much stiffer tests ahead, for sure, and hot goaltending can turn a blowout loss into a 1 goal win on any given day, but holy *****, Canada looked better on the ice than they do on paper, which is really saying something.

A small shout out to Shea Weber. For a guy that's supposedly too old and too slow and a producer of lousy advanced stats, he was really a rock in the blue line. I don't get to see him much but after last night I appreciate why Babcock sees him as a no-brainer pick. Oozes leadership.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron is an absolutely ridiculous line. Such a treat to watch.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Best thing about this game was it confirmed I don't need to waste my time watching this tournament anymore.

Obviously Canada was going to win but I had hoped it would be slightly competitive.

I just want my teams players to get through unscathed now.

Must be discouraging for opposing teams to face Canada's stacked lineup at forward and D, only to get through and have to face Price.

Exactly what I said in the "Pick the winner" thread.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Best thing about this game was it confirmed I don't need to waste my time watching this tournament anymore.

Obviously Canada was going to win but I had hoped it would be slightly competitive.

Are you angry at the tournament because Canada is playing so well?

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

You are absolutely right! This total mismatch between Canada and the Czechs is sufficient proof that this tournament is a complete joke that has no basis to exist. Of course Canada is going to cruise to an easy victory in the "World Cup,"followed by the obligatory national celebration, parades, riots, and all kinds of other staged exhibitions of self-worship. Canada has a better team than anyone else to begin with, but then when you add the frenzied home crowds, the homeboys in striped shirts and all of the other built-in/fixed advantages, it is really a farce beyond all reason. Go ahead and hold the parade now and get it over with. Make this nonsense end!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Are you angry at the tournament because Canada is playing so well?

1 game in and they are already giving up.

I can't believe it, all they need is a good game on tuesday and they are back in the thick of things.

Everyones blowing smoke up Canadas bum on one game.

We need to match these guys on Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad