GDT: Czech Republic - Switzerland 20:15 GMT+3

scipio

Apr 21, 2015
Zürich
On the Swedish TV they seemed unable to say "Switzerland" without adding the epithet "very well coached".
Fischer's greatest fan club works at svt1, it seems.
At this point I agree. I like how he shaped the team

T0 be fair, personally I'd say that Fischer struggled a bit as a NT coach before Tommy Albelin (from Sweden) was hired as assistant coach, in particular to stabilize the defensive game. Maybe that's what Swedish TV is at least partially referring to?;)

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
f***, I though this was tomorrow.

How did Kurashev play?

Good performance overall. Impressed wiht his skating/hands on a few rushes. Had an assist on the PP and almost scored a PP goal on the feed from Hischier. Will probably get better though when he gets some more game practice as he didint play any preparation games before the tournament.

Reactions: Muffinalt

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
On the Swedish TV they seemed unable to say "Switzerland" without adding the epithet "very well coached".
Fischer's greatest fan club works at svt1, it seems.
At this point I agree. I like how he shaped the team
Was it the same commentators as for Finland's game? They were the tamest least interested coupling I've ever heard. For that game the mantra was "the finnish defenseman help out the goalie well".

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
T0 be fair, personally I'd say that Fischer struggled a bit as a NT coach before Tommy Albelin (from Sweden) was hired as assistant coach, in particular to stabilize the defensive game. Maybe that's what Swedish TV is at least partially referring to?;)
Oh yeah did not think about it, I think you may have a pretty good point here

Grischa7000

May 22, 2021
I'd say they dominated everything today!
Hello Mr. Czechboy
I have been reading comments in hfboards for years, however I have never signed in to participate in discussions.
I have signed in a couple of minutes ago, because I felt I owe you my respect.
For large parts you you have been a one-man-show (I mean it in a positive sense) in this thread.
Your comments have been entertaining and (above all) very fair.
I tip my hat to you.
Ice-hockey has been my passion for more than 50 years.
Victories of my national team are important to me. I wish Josi etc. a Stanley-cup, but to me that would be totally meaningless compared to the Swiss national team winning the WC or the Olympics (not going to happen, unfortunately).
Best of luck to the Czech national team.

Reactions: vancouverism

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Mr. Czechboy
I have been reading comments in hfboards for years, however I have never signed in to participate in discussions.
I have signed in a couple of minutes ago, because I felt I owe you my respect.
For large parts you you have been a one-man-show (I mean it in a positive sense) in this thread.
Your comments have been entertaining and (above all) very fair.
I tip my hat to you.
Ice-hockey has been my passion for more than 50 years.
Victories of my national team are important to me. I wish Josi etc. a Stanley-cup, but to me that would be totally meaningless compared to the Swiss national team winning the WC or the Olympics (not going to happen, unfortunately).
Best of luck to the Czech national team.
Wow.. thank you.

I like the Swiss chances at the WC this year. 2 silvers, maybe gold is next?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
swiss team is hard working and fast skating team, complete opposite of czech team. Hronek and Vrana are complete mess defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad