GDT: Czech Republic - Switzerland 20:15 GMT+3

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Sorry to the Swiss fans for the complaining :laugh: but I'm really lost for words.

This is the worst performance I've seen from the Czechs in a long time, if not the worst at all.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I swear I've seen that goal 3 times already today... PP... no look pass across and either Hoffman or Meier bury it on a poor goalie standing there.

You'd think we'd adjust the PK to stop that?

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Sorry to the Swiss fans for the complaining :laugh: but I'm really lost for words.

This is the worst performance I've seen from the Czechs in a long time, if not the worst at all.
Lol! You really must underestimate the swiss! They were better then then you if you look the latest 10 wms!

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
They were already the better team last wm as they very unlucky loss vs the czechz! Just saying

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Better team won. Congratulations. With this trajectory, Czechs are on their way to go home in QF, if they even make it that far. It's quite frustrating to see all the other nations in central Europe taking a step forward while we still do the same we did x years ago.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lol! You really must underestimate the swiss! They were better then then you if you look the latest 10 wms!
First of all.. not one Czech poster has said anything but nice things about the Swiss.

Second of all.. the last 10 were actually posted on page 1 of this thread

2019 5-4 Czech, GWG in the empty net
2018 5-4 SO Czech
2017 3-1 Swiss
2016 5-4 Czech
2015 2-1 Czech SO
2013 2-1 Swiss and 5-2 Swiss
2010 3-2 Swiss

We'd won 4 of the last 5 matchups going into this one (highlighted for you).

Going back to 2010.. the record going into today was 4 and 4. Now 5-4.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Defending shorthanded like this? This was completely ridiculous. Three identical goals, the same pattern. To be honest, I am beginning to be worried about another World Cup of Hockey 96, where the super strong team with Jágr, Nedvěd and co. lost 1-7 to Germany in their last game. This may well be the case of the next game against Belarus. I have no idea what happened in this team but tonight it was a live broadcast of a disruption. Looks like the NHL guys just don't work well together with the guys from Europe. Everybody was trying, but the team dimension of their effort was close to zero. It really reminds me that 96 tournament. A lot of angry faces, desperate individual efforts to change something, sloppy plays in the own zone, plenty of stupid penalties. This may end up as a historical disaster.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

No, surely not. If you read through this thread you see several posts where I explicitly say that the Swiss have been the better team tonight. Deserved win, no discussion. Swiss hockey has really caught up with the other top nations, there is a very small gap now.

I really don't understand where your discontent comes from to be honest! :laugh:

Reactions: Czechboy and mosare

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No, surely not. If you read through this thread you see several posts where I explicitly say that the Swiss have been the better team tonight. Deserved win, no discussion. Swiss hockey has really caught up with the other top nations, there is a very small gap now.

I really don't understand where your discontent comes from to be honest! :laugh:
5 pages of nice friendly banter and then this poster comes in ...

Reactions: czechmate

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Defending shorthanded like this? This was completely ridiculous. Three identical goals, the same pattern. To be honest, I am beginning to be worried about another World Cup of Hockey 96, where the super strong team with Jágr, Nedvěd and co. lost 1-7 to Germany in their last game. This may well be the case of the next game against Belarus. I have no idea what happened in this team but tonight it was a live broadcast of a disruption. Looks like the NHL guys just don't work well together with the guys from Europe. Everybody was trying, but the team dimension of their effort was close to zero. It really reminds me that 96 tournament. A lot of angry faces, desperate individual efforts to change something, sloppy plays in the own zone, plenty of stupid penalties. This may end up as a historical disaster.
Amen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad