Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
After having Jiri Fronk last year, Cedar Rapids drafted another Czech in the USHL draft today. Can anyone tell me about David Nemecek?

Nemecek was just ok in my opinion on day 1 of Cedar Rapids camp. Big kid, very physical, but very little acceleration. When going full speed his is ok, but takes him a bit to get there. He is not shy about letting a shot go from the point and has a good hard low shot. It will be interesting if management intends to keep him.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Is here someone who watch AHL? Are there any czech players who can make NHL in next two years?

I believe in Nosek but he plays in Detroit organization.:( Faksa and Stransky have also some talent. And Straka had good performance in NHL and Musil played also in NHL at the end of season. But I haven't got any informations about their AHL team positions. I think Uher also tried NHL and I heard he plays really dirty.

I will be grateful for every information about czech AHL players.;) Czech media don't write about AHL so I don't know a lot.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Rimouski drafted two Czech prospects in the Import draft, Werbik and Belohorsky. Do you guys have any reports on those two youngsters?

Thanks

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Czech select for year 2001 has just won the prestigious World select invitational held in Bratislava, I saw some streams on the internet and we played really well, we dominated mainly in skating, which is IMO a big surprise.

Here is link to the tournament http://www.legacyglobalsports.com/page/show/1424114?subseason=201913&tab=content

Nice to see, especially the dominating in skating. Though the players are still too young and it will change a lot, it's a somewhat nice sign. Also, always better to win than lose right ;)

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
So my thoughts on few players (WHC 17)

Zelingr (D) - He was solid, didn't really stand out. Don't think he made any huge mistake, and he supported offense, I liked that.
Zadina (F) - He was great, he could maybe shoot more often.
Kondelik (F) - Considering he is one of the better prospects of the age group, he was dissapointing. He didn't make much happen. Mostly invisble.
Vomacka/Skarek (G) - I didn't see the two games against Russia or USA (Both 1:6) but in the games against Canada Black/White they were great, some very good saves.
Safin (F) - A little better than Kondelik, so also dissapointing. He had one sick snipe though.
Necas (F) - The best player on the team, fast, great passes.
Can't say much about the rest, those were the main ones I was trying to watch.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So my thoughts on few players (WHC 17)

Zelingr (D) - He was solid, didn't really stand out. Don't think he made any huge mistake, and he supported offense, I liked that.
Zadina (F) - He was great, he could maybe shoot more often.
Kondelik (F) - Considering he is one of the better prospects of the age group, he was dissapointing. He didn't make much happen. Mostly invisble.
Vomacka/Skarek (G) - I didn't see the two games against Russia or USA (Both 1:6) but in the games against Canada Black/White they were great, some very good saves.
Safin (F) - A little better than Kondelik, so also dissapointing. He had one sick snipe though.
Necas (F) - The best player on the team, fast, great passes.
Can't say much about the rest, those were the main ones I was trying to watch.

Thanks a lot for this.

I see there is still a possibility to watch those games.. if I find some time, I'll check it :)

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Now that a part of the season has been played (Something like 1/4), how do you think the 2016 draft will look for the Czech republic? Will it be comparable to 2015, worse or does it even has potential to be better? If you can do a realistic and optimistc prediction. I am mainly interested in how you value the players that play in Europe.
It is clear it will be the best year in terms of defensemen, on other hand it won't have any high-end forwards (Maybe except Stransky)

My realistic prediction: (8 in total)
Hajek (D), Stransky (F), Budik (D), Hronek (D), Brizgala (G), Vala (D), Doudera (D), Suchy (F),

My optimistic prediction: (12 in total)
Hajek (D), Stransky (F), Budik (D), Hronek (D), Brizgala (G), Vala (D), Doudera (D), Suchy (F), Koblizek?(F), Soustal?(F), Hrdinka?(D), Korenar?(G)

HMs: Kodytek, Reichel, Zachar

Did I miss someone significant? Or is there a player that has no chance of being drafted?

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Did I miss someone significant? Or is there a player that has no chance of being drafted?

That's lot of defenders :) finally :handclap: I don't believe in Suchy. He plays only in junior league and he is too small. I think Lakatos (1997) can have a chance. Extraliga 23 - 3+2 (in fourth line); WSM 15 - 5+12

Last edited:

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
That's lot of defenders :) finally :handclap: I don't believe in Suchy. He plays only in junior league and he is too small. I think Lakatos (1997) can have a chance. Extraliga 23 - 3+2 (in fourth line); WSM 15 - 5+12

I didn't know Lakatos is doing good.
I always thought Suchy is like 6'0'' - 5'11''. 5'8'' is just really small and it significantly decreases his chances. And after looking at other forwards, it's not any better. Koblizek 5'9'', Kodytek 5'6'', Zachar 5'6''. They are just so small. We will really relly on defensemen this year, more than I thought.

By the way I hate this trend of drafting big players only. When you look at our NHL players, there aren't many big ones and a lot of them are quite small, yet they still managed to become valuable players.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Filip Zadina (1999!) today plays in extraliga match Pardubice-Hradec in 2nd line. :handclap:

I appreciate teams like Liberec or Pardubice. Before WJC they let play juniors in A-teams. Lakatos 1st line, Ordos and Havlin 4th line. Tomasek 1st center, Vozenilek and Scotka 3rd line.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Now that a part of the season has been played (Something like 1/4), how do you think the 2016 draft will look for the Czech republic? Will it be comparable to 2015, worse or does it even has potential to be better? If you can do a realistic and optimistc prediction. I am mainly interested in how you value the players that play in Europe.
It is clear it will be the best year in terms of defensemen, on other hand it won't have any high-end forwards (Maybe except Stransky)

My realistic prediction: (8 in total)
Hajek (D), Stransky (F), Budik (D), Hronek (D), Brizgala (G), Vala (D), Doudera (D), Suchy (F),

My optimistic prediction: (12 in total)
Hajek (D), Stransky (F), Budik (D), Hronek (D), Brizgala (G), Vala (D), Doudera (D), Suchy (F), Koblizek?(F), Soustal?(F), Hrdinka?(D), Korenar?(G)

HMs: Kodytek, Reichel, Zachar

Source: http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

1. round:
2. round: Hajek, Stransky, Budik
3. round: Hronek, Belohorsky
4. round: Vala, Klima (CZ?), Doudera
5. round: Reichel, Brizgala
6. round: Kachyna, Kurovsky
7. round: Werbik, Korenar

It would be amazing, 14 players :handclap:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Source: http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

1. round:
2. round: Hajek, Stransky, Budik
3. round: Hronek, Belohorsky
4. round: Vala, Klima (CZ?), Doudera
5. round: Reichel, Brizgala
6. round: Kachyna, Kurovsky
7. round: Werbik, Korenar

It would be amazing, 14 players :handclap:

This draft site is very inaccurate when it come to the actual draft. There's no way we have that many guys drafted. Belohorsky??? 3rd round?? What?? He gas 7 points in 21 gp and a -5. How is that 3rd round?
This is who will be drafted and in order of when they go.
Hajek
Stransky
Hronek
Budik
Vala
Maybe klima
Maybe Reichel
Maybe Brizgala
Maybe Doudera

That's it. I honestly think that only the first 5 will be drafted.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
This draft site is very inaccurate when it come to the actual draft. There's no way we have that many guys drafted. Belohorsky??? 3rd round?? What?? He gas 7 points in 21 gp and a -5. How is that 3rd round?
This is who will be drafted and in order of when they go.
Hajek
Stransky
Hronek
Budik
Vala
Maybe klima
Maybe Reichel
Maybe Brizgala
Maybe Doudera

That's it. I honestly think that only the first 5 will be drafted.

Yeah that Belohorsky being a 3rd rounder is just lolz.

It's without a doubt worse age group than Zacha's or Pastrnak's, it lacks good forwards. That being said, 5 is just way too little. Brizgala, Doudera, Reichel, but also Hrdinka or overagers Soustal and Lakatos, maybe also Korenar (Goalies are crapshoot anyway). Those all have a fair chance of being drafted.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

It's without a doubt worse age group than Zacha's or Pastrnak's, it lacks good forwards. That being said, 5 is just way too little. Brizgala, Doudera, Reichel, but also Hrdinka or overagers Soustal and Lakatos, maybe also Korenar (Goalies are crapshoot anyway). Those all have a fair chance of being drafted.

Im not saying they dont have a chance. But im saying its very unlikely. Yes you never know with goalies but Brizgala has only played 2 games this year for some reason, and Korenar just doesnt have good enough stats.

No way Reichel gets taken. Stats just simply arent even close to being good enough. 16p in 22gp in Czech U-20...Even if he was Jagrs son, he wouldnt get drafted. Suchy probably has a better chance then him. Doudera could get taken in the 7th if hes lucky. Just based on the fact that he's holding his own in the Extra Liga. But he's a poor skater and slow. Hrdinka I know nothing about.

As for over-agers? If Soustal continues the way hes going, then he could get taken late. Lakatos is nothing special but he is doing fairly well statistically this year. So you never know there.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013

I haven't seen Belohorsky this season. He probably has a reduced role in Rimouski. Unfortunately injuries slowed him down, he was (is) our best 98 born forward.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Im not saying they dont have a chance. But im saying its very unlikely. Yes you never know with goalies but Brizgala has only played 2 games this year for some reason, and Korenar just doesnt have good enough stats.

No way Reichel gets taken. Stats just simply arent even close to being good enough. 16p in 22gp in Czech U-20...Even if he was Jagrs son, he wouldnt get drafted. Suchy probably has a better chance then him. Doudera could get taken in the 7th if hes lucky. Just based on the fact that he's holding his own in the Extra Liga. But he's a poor skater and slow. Hrdinka I know nothing about.

As for over-agers? If Soustal continues the way hes going, then he could get taken late. Lakatos is nothing special but he is doing fairly well statistically this year. So you never know there.

Brizgala was injured. Now he is healthy and he is going with U18 national team to Switzerland for the Five nations tournament.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Brizgala was injured. Now he is healthy and he is going with U18 national team to Switzerland for the Five nations tournament.

Yeah I figured. He's rated pretty high in some draft rankings. Hopefully he has a good rest of the year and gets drafted.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
U16 team lost their first match out of three to U16 Russia 3:7. Hopefully it was just a one bad game. :dunno:

By the way, our captain was Libor Zabransky (D), who from what I found is slightly over PPg in U18 league (22 points in 20 games) and in 3 games played in U20 league he has a goal and assist. Seems pretty solid. Anyone know more about him?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
The next game U16 played against U16 Russia, they won 3:2 and the last game they lost big time again... 3:8. Scored 3 goals every match, but letting in 17 goals in 3 matches..?!
I read the games were much more even, it was our awful mistakes in defense that made it look so bad.

Speaking of prospects, http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2001007 some actual scouts made this top 250 ranking. From czech perspective it looks pretty good, but just the fact Reichel is there a second rounder... I don't know. Other people said it's a good list :dunno:

1st round - 25th Simon Stransky, 27th Libor Hajek
2nd round - 56h Kristian Reichel
3rd round - 66th Vojtech Budik, 70th Filip Hronek, 81st Lukas Doudera
4th round - 116th Adam Brizgala
5th round - 136th Ondrej Vala
6th round - 175th Daniel Gazda, 177th Jiri Karafiat
7th round - 194th Ondrej Najman, 198th Nicolas Werbik
Rest - 213rd Michal Gago, 249th Radek Koblizek

My thoughts:
1st round - Possible, not unrealistic to think we could have two late 1st rounders.
2nd round - Reichel as a secondrounder... Higher than Budik, Hronek... Umm what.
3rd round - Doudera's height won't let him be 3rd rounder.
4th round- Possible
5th round - Possible
6th round - Eh, Karafiat doesn't have very high chances and Gazda... I hear that name for the first time.
7th round - Najman could happen imo, he is ppg in czech U20 league, not sure about Werbik though. He will need to get on some hot streak and get points in the second half of the season to get at least noticed in the 7th round.
Rest - Koblizek is just so small.

I noticed there is no Filip Suchy even though he is dominating in U20 league. It's his height probably. (Is it just me or ALL the more skilled forwards are so small...)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I still wouldn't write those small guys off.. I mean look at Gaudreau, Johnson, Krug etc.
I'm really rooting for these fast skilled little guys :)

Plus, Koblizek is according to eliteprospects 175 cm which isn't that bad anymore. Last year he was there listed as 166 cm. But they might have it wrong there, Idk.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
U16 team lost their first match out of three to U16 Russia 3:7. Hopefully it was just a one bad game. :dunno:

By the way, our captain was Libor Zabransky (D), who from what I found is slightly over PPg in U18 league (22 points in 20 games) and in 3 games played in U20 league he has a goal and assist. Seems pretty solid. Anyone know more about him?

Yeah 2 points and a +4 rating in 3 gp is a pretty darn good start I would say. His stats are better then Zboril's... It would be nice to hear from someone who has seen him play.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

So he wanted to buy his son a top 9 position and now he's talking about fair play. what :dunno:

Yeah 2 points and a +4 rating in 3 gp is a pretty darn good start I would say. His stats are better then Zboril's... It would be nice to hear from someone who has seen him play.

Now 4 points (2+2) in 6 games played, +8 rating. :naughty: He is getting me really interested to see him play.
Overall, I am really digging those 99/00 years, still quite far away so a lot can change, but names like Zadina, Necas, Zabransky, Skarek and more make me excited and hopeful.

If you are talking about comparisons (stat-wise) Zabransky is better than Zboril was at that age. I also checked Zelingr and he has very Masin-like ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad