Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
i was checking some U16 Extraliga stats last week and i've noticed couple of interesting 99ers. Martin Kaut 72points in 29games and Martin Nečas 84pts in 29games. Especially Nečas..why the heck player like him is still playing at the U16 category and not regularly at U18 (if not U20), when he is clearly above U16 level...the same is for guys like Machala, Král, Hladoník. They're still getting a games at U16 insted of regularly playing U18 category + testing at U20 level.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
i was checking some U16 Extraliga stats last week and i've noticed couple of interesting 99ers. Martin Kaut 72points in 29games and Martin Nečas 84pts in 29games. Especially Nečas..why the heck player like him is still playing at the U16 category and not regularly at U18 (if not U20), when he is clearly above U16 level...the same is for guys like Machala, Král, Hladoník. They're still getting a games at U16 insted of regularly playing U18 category + testing at U20 level.

Where did you find these stats? I tried hokej.cz but couldn't find them there.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
hokej.cz;) but it's split by the phase, so for example Nečas has it like:

ELIOD ELMD - S Žďár 18games 19goals 33as. 52pts.
ELIOD ELMD - o postup - sk. B Ždár 6 4 14 18
ELIOD ELMD - o postup - sk. B Kometa 5 6 8 14

http://www.hokej.cz/hrac/21511

Ahhh...my maths sucks. I was looking at it yesterday and couldn't figure out where you got the numbers from. Thanks for clearing that up.

Those numbers are certainly ridiculous. Perhaps there is no space for him in the U-18 category and he can't go play elsewhere?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I think it's because he played (plays) for Žďár n.S. and they are not playing the highest U18 league. Few weeks ago I noticed he had started to play for Kometa (loan or transfer I guess), where he started in 2 matches at the U18 level in which he recoreded 2 assists. Maybe they just needs him in U16 now, I don't know but he certainly belongs (at least stats wise) to U18 category. Never seen him play but on a paper he looks promising, he's listed as 170 cm though which could be an issue but he still has a plenty of time to grow.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
I think it's because he played (plays) for Žďár n.S. and they are not playing the highest U18 league. Few weeks ago I noticed he had started to play for Kometa (loan or transfer I guess), where he started in 2 matches at the U18 level in which he recoreded 2 assists. Maybe they just needs him in U16 now, I don't know but he certainly belongs (at least stats wise) to U18 category. Never seen him play but on a paper he looks promising, he's listed as 170 cm though which could be an issue but he still has a plenty of time to grow.

Transfer (Necas to Kometa, Kaut and Trejbal to Pardubice) - http://www.hokejzr.cz/clanek.asp?id=1379
Interview: http://www.hc-kometa.cz/clanek.asp?...as-ktery-dvema-trefami-sestrelil-Olomouc-6856

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for the links.

I still think that '99 could have some good players in it other than Zadina (e.g. Safin, Kaut, Machala, Kvasnicka), but it's still early to say I guess.

I agree, again I haven't seen them but based on stats of some players and results of U16 national team this season it looks like it could be at least OK year.
Zelingr and Hrabik are also supposed to be good. And Galvas has a very good stats for a defenseman too.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

DW81

Jan 25, 2013
Brno
Hard to say, in the last years had this team no success.
Anyway, according to statistics excelled three players - Jan Skorpik (best goalie), Matej Tomek (top scorer) and forward Jonas Peterek.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
I though about czech prospects good enough for Czech national team and I tried to make U23 (1992 and younger) national:

JaÅ¡kin-Hertl-Sekáč
Nosek-Simon-Pastrňák
Vrána-Filippi-Straka
Uher-Přibyl-Holík

Jank-Mozík
Musil-Zámorský
Doudera-Krejčík

Mrázek
Machovský

What do you think? Can I make it better? Especielly defense pairs.

Interesting point is only four Slovaks can be good enough for potential Czechoslovakia U23 (Réway, Daňo, Jurčo and Marinčin)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I though about czech prospects good enough for Czech national team and I tried to make U23 (1992 and younger) national:

JaÅ¡kin-Hertl-Sekáč
Nosek-Simon-Pastrňák
Vrána-Filippi-Straka
Uher-Přibyl-Holík

Jank-Mozík
Musil-Zámorský
Doudera-Krejčík

Mrázek
Machovský

Interesting point is only four Slovaks can be good enough for potential Czechoslovakia U23 (Réway, Daňo, Jurčo and Marinčin)

Gernat too.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

JaÅ¡kin-Hertl-Sekáč
Nosek-Simon-Pastrňák
Vrána-Filippi-Straka
Uher-Přibyl-Holík

Jank-Mozík
Musil-Zámorský
Doudera-Krejčík

Mrázek
Machovský

Krejcik is 1991. I would add Kostalek.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Czech select for year 2001 has just won the prestigious World select invitational held in Bratislava, I saw some streams on the internet and we played really well, we dominated mainly in skating, which is IMO a big surprise.

Here is link to the tournament http://www.legacyglobalsports.com/page/show/1424114?subseason=201913&tab=content

This is awesome news. Hopefully it means great things to come! Thanks for posting this. Should be interesting to see how these guys play in the czech leagues next season. So far they don't have too many stats posted on eliteprospects

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
After having Jiri Fronk last year, Cedar Rapids drafted another Czech in the USHL draft today. Can anyone tell me about David Nemecek?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad