Prospect Info: Cutter Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Drysdale isn’t great and he’s never been great. Nice kid though.
That’s selling him short just to make ourselves feel better. He has just as good of a chance to be an impact player as Gauthier, we don’t even know if Gauthier can play at the NHL level. Some guys don’t translate. Drysdale when healthy, is at worst a 2nd pairing guy. He has top pairing upside if he can reach his ceiling.

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
That’s selling him short just to make ourselves feel better. He has just as good of a chance to be an impact player as Gauthier, we don’t even know if Gauthier can play at the NHL level. Some guys don’t translate. Drysdale when healthy, is at worst a 2nd pairing guy. He has top pairing upside if he can reach his ceiling.
I think it is fair to say. He's been good when healthy, but he's "great" only in the way Zegras has been" great." They are young and still have potential, I like Z's future better, but neither has actually been truly great, yet.

I do agree that Cutter is no sure thing, but I love what he could bring and think he has a great chance to be a difference maker on this team.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The WC last year, not the WJC.

I believe @Ducks DVM meant WC since the WC is comprised mostly of very young players and older players that aren't top tier, including ex-NHL players who wanted to extend their game in Europe. Carlsson and Fantilli looked good at the WC, but they aren't tearing up the NHL. Comtois looked good at the WC while trying to revive his NHL career, but still busted the following season.

Going to the NHL is a huge jump and there are few players who can make that transition with ease. I wouldn't expect Cutter to tear up the NHL in his rookie year, but I will be greatly surprised if he does.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I was initially ok with the trade, after watching him play. But lately, man, the excitement is growing rapidly. The way he handles the puck, his hand-eye, his goal scoring ability (not just a shot) around the net are really translatable to the next level, IMO. Add his 2 way prowess, and his comparable goal scorers in the past years at this age, and it is super exciting.

While looking at McTavish and his +/-, and the games he and Leo are missing... just a thought but perhaps Cutter in the middle is not that far out of the question.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Very early game for Cutter today. I might still not be able to watch it but I'll try

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Cutter no doubt. smith won’t have as much free ice to skate with in the National
Yeah he's also nowhere near the skating speed of Cutter, in addition to Smith being shorter.
Smith is slightly undersized playmaking center who isn't fast, basicly a Zegras but with a hard shot he can rip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad