Confirmed with Link: Curtis Glencross Traded to Washington for 2nd&3rd Round Picks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This was a nice return for Glenny.

Love his services to this team over the years, clearly he wasn't in the long term plans with the contract he probably wanted from Calgary.

A 2nd a 3rd for a third line LW; that's a good return for Calgary.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
A 2nd a 3rd for a third line LW; that's a good return for Calgary.

As a Jets fan, we got a 2nd and 3rd for Oduya and it was an overpayment. It set up our 2013 draft very well. Chevy made multiple moves including moving back, picking up Frolik for a 3rd and a 5th, and still managed to draft Morrissey, Petan, and Comrie.

Don't underestimate this trade. It could really put your prospect pool over the top. Don't forget picks are like money, they can be spent at any time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well he is pretty much useless as a Capital.

Congrats Flames for getting the free picks

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I still can't believe I wanted to keep him, and re-sign him. I didn't think anyone would replace his minutes and two way game, but everyone kinda stepped up.

And Glencross proved his lack luster effort was not because of being misused. Guy is nothing more then a 3rd liner and plenty of guys on the Flames who can fill his role going forward

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Was never really a Glencross fan. To me, he seemed to show up when he wanted to. A lot of the times when I saw a turnover or a lazy play, I'd say to myself who was that? And a lot of times it was Curtis. I thank him for what he contributed, but his inconsistencies didn't make me a super fan of his.

Aug 21, 2014
It depends I suppose. Does he want to be close to his ranch or does he want the big payday. I guess the Oil could offer both. Chiarelli like's overpaying for Vets. :naughty:

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
It depends I suppose. Does he want to be close to his ranch or does he want the big payday. I guess the Oil could offer both. Chiarelli like's overpaying for Vets. :naughty:

Sounds about right. 4 years, $8 or $9M.. who'd give him more than that, really? Would be a fairly solid bottom-six option for the Coil, plus he's available. He'll be very likely to finish his career there, imo.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You are not supposed to say anything bad about the Flames here. ;)

When some posters are consistently knocking the team, that kind of suggests a common theme though, no? Generally fans cheer for a team, criticism is fine but if one is constantly criticizing the team then I'm not shocked if they are not received well by the majority on our board.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As long as hes being payed as a third liner it could be a decent pick up for whoever wants him for four years.

Oilers make a lot of sense for him.
Would be good with Leon or whoever will be their 3rd line center this next year.

Oddly enough; I haven't even been paying attention to the NYI/Caps series... Even though we have some stake in the Caps post-season :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad