Cryptocurrencies Part III - We ran as if to meet the Moon

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
$100 brings it to $4.7B Market cap.

Right now it’s not listed on any major CEXs (they are working on it, and it will get listed), elections in November, only coin making donations to legit charities (over 200 Ethereum donated to US veterans & child trafficking prevention).

I think it’ll happen, but obviously take profits when you feel comfortable.
Ok thanks for the heads up...I did not know they were working on getting it listed on major CEXs...that would be big....Nice to see that it's bouncing back from that dip yesterday 👍

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Ok thanks for the heads up...I did not know they were working on getting it listed on major CEXs...that would be big....Nice to see that it's bouncing back from that dip yesterday 👍
Super strong coin. Had no more funds left or else I was considering buying the dip.

Pretty good start to the year for me so far.

50x on $OPSEC
40x on $TRUMP
40x on $GPU
20x on $AIX
10x on $LUSH

I told myself I wouldn’t get greedy but I can’t justify selling now when I expect the entire crypto market to hit $8-10T this bull run. Plan was to enter microcaps as early as possible before the bull run so I’m sticking with it.

Reactions: VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Super strong coin. Had no more funds left or else I was considering buying the dip.

Pretty good start to the year for me so far.

50x on $OPSEC
40x on $TRUMP
40x on $GPU
20x on $AIX
10x on $LUSH

I told myself I wouldn’t get greedy but I can’t justify selling now when I expect the entire crypto market to hit $8-10T this bull run. Plan was to enter microcaps as early as possible before the bull run so I’m sticking with it.
Wow very nice...You're looking good....I got a mix of stuff from the peak of the last bull run which is when I entered in, some stuff I've been DCAing, and I got a bunch of side money for trades too...Exciting times here for the next year and a half or so....I can't even imagine what the prices will be with a Cap Hit for the whole market like that...And it could even go higher than that as it becomes more mainstream...Wild times!

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
My stock portfolio back in the green after 3 years. BTC and ETH back at or near ATH's.

ab7b10d6-fc5d-4a15-8f09-76fdaffd0aff_text.gif

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
For those who can't resist the urge to chase outsized gains, MicroStrategy (MSTR) has treated me very well as a leveraged Bitcoin play. Since April '23 when I picked up some MSTR Dec 2025 $670 strike call options the returns have been:
Bitcoin +120%
MSTR stock +275%
MSTR calls +929%

MSTR is a stock, not a cryptocurrency, which can be bought in a traditional brokerage account or IRA, and it allows one to lever up with significant beta to the movement of the Bitcoin price, which is essentially what people are trying to do anyways with altcoins. But it much more reliably moves in concert with Bitcoin, and I feel MUCH more comfortable having MSTR as a large position size than I would with some random altcoins that I am picking out of a hat or whatever. In my opinion having MSTR as an option makes altcoins effectively obsolete, unless you are chasing absurd memes that might run thousands of percent in a few days before dumping to zero.

Hopefully it goes without saying that while MSTR outpaces BTC significantly to the upside, it also does so to the downside. Do your own research. Not financial advice. Just an explanation of what else I'm doing this bull run besides just holding spot bitcoin in cold storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Primary Assist

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I got quite a bit on a microcap Podfast and it just started blowing up
...Only 30 mill circulating supply and they are burning a ton of coins.....MC is only 4 million....They just changed the tokenomics of it so it's liquidity it tied with BTC, and if it happens to dip the Treasury is buying back coins to ensure green candles lol...it'slike nuts......they have a good active telegram group where people are always talking about it if anyone's interested.....I know the guy who started the coin...I've been there from the start....He also runs a good FB page called Cryptocurrency Investing which can give you good info.......The current price last I looked was .13 and if there would be no more buys or sells and the treasury had to be all used up the price would go to .76.

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Anyone into these Ordinals on Bitcoin?

Bought something called a Bitcoin puppet a month and a half ago that has really blown up
I would love to see a transparent marketplace for these. The floor right now is .22 BTC, or roughly $15k USD. I'd love to see how much these are actually moving and what the price discovery would look like for a "midrange" Puppet.

Also hats off to whoever listed their Puppet for 21m BTC, that's a based seller if I've seen one

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'm glad I hopped on this train...This thing is blowing up !!! copied and pasted from the Crypto page where Podfast started...There is now enough funds in the treasury to bring the price to $1 if need be....That pool will grow though....Just a day or two ago it was .76.....PodFast ($FAST) on BSC is up 5x since it relaunched with the new Bitcoin and Buyback strategy one week ago.

The marketcap is currently only $5 Million

Is it too late?
Absolutely not.

Why?
Take two minutes here:

- The entire treasury and liquidity pool has been converted into BTC

- Any time the price of BTC goes up, the liquidity pool pairing drags the price of FAST with it. Additionally, the increase in BTC price also increases the value of the treasury which is held in BTC.

- Any time the price of FAST goes down, we use the BTC in the treasury to do buybacks. This means, as long as there is a treasury, the price cannot fall more than for a temporary amount of time, as we will buy back tokens and boost the price back to where it was.

- If the treasury funds ever get to zero, we will remove a portion of the BTC in the liquidity pool and use those for buybacks. This cycle can repeat.

Since launching, the value in the treasury AND the value in the liquidity pool have increased significantly.

Yesterday there was $608,000 ready for buybacks.
Today there is $754,000 ready for buybacks.

The amount ready for buybacks increases whenever the price of FAST increases, and whenever the price of Bitcoin increases.

Any questions, leave them below!

You can buy $FAST on pancakeswap on Binance Smart Chain
Contract address 0x391088b4594e41c003463c7e3a56a8ba00b8e7a9

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I would love to see a transparent marketplace for these. The floor right now is .22 BTC, or roughly $15k USD. I'd love to see how much these are actually moving and what the price discovery would look like for a "midrange" Puppet.

Also hats off to whoever listed their Puppet for 21m BTC, that's a based seller if I've seen one

Yeah, I dunno what is going on but I'm just enjoying the ride... Was semi close to taking profits but held off, now hearing about some airdrops so probably bunch more room to grow.

Big NFT convention coming up I imagine hype will get keep building with the price

Reactions: Primary Assist

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Well hello there 70K Bitcoin and 4K Ether

:dd:
ETH ETFs looking like they are getting approved very soon...Not sure the date but you know that's going to help boost things even more....Make sure you got your seat belt on...

When BTC was at 40k I was hoping for a pull back and think it would happen to 30k where I was going to unload on it...Now, not sure what to do...Maybe still unload and just accept it ? Maybe DCA it ?

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Anyone who is waiting for pullbacks to establish or increase their BTC position is not paying very close attention to the trend imo. We just had a 3 year long pullback for that purpose. Unfortunately almost everybody missed it.

At this point the only thing currently keeping BTC under $100k is the massive and unrelenting selling by GBTC on a daily basis. And that selling will eventually get exhausted.

Let me make my view on this very simple (not financial advice):

BTC at $30k was cheap.
BTC at $50k was cheap.
BTC at $72k is cheap.
BTC at $100k is cheap.
Etc.

Capture.PNG

One glance at this chart shows no meaningful pullbacks. And where we're going there aren't any meaningful pullbacks for a while, in my opinion. Just more and more people taking their turn to capitulate and buy Bitcoin at the price they deserve.

For perspective, last cycle there was literally no dip between previous ATH of $20k and $40k. Just straight up. If this cycle plays out similarly BTC could go from $69k to $138k without any meaningful pullback whatsoever in between.

There also wasn't billions upon billions of institutional dollars chasing BTC via easy-to-access Spot ETFs like there is today. Thus, I am bullish as F&CK.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone who is waiting for pullbacks to establish or increase their BTC position is not paying very close attention to the trend imo. We just had a 3 year long pullback for that purpose. Unfortunately almost everybody missed it.

At this point the only thing currently keeping BTC under $100k is the massive and unrelenting selling by GBTC on a daily basis. And that selling will eventually get exhausted.

Let me make my view on this very simple (not financial advice):

BTC at $30k was cheap.
BTC at $50k was cheap.
BTC at $72k is cheap.
BTC at $100k is cheap.
Etc.

View attachment 834062

One glance at this chart shows no meaningful pullbacks. And where we're going there aren't any meaningful pullbacks for a while, in my opinion. Just more and more people taking their turn to capitulate and buy Bitcoin at the price they deserve.

For perspective, last cycle there was literally no dip between previous ATH of $20k and $40k. Just straight up. If this cycle plays out similarly BTC could go from $69k to $138k without any meaningful pullback whatsoever in between.

There also wasn't billions upon billions of institutional dollars chasing BTC via easy-to-access Spot ETFs like there is today. Thus, I am bullish as F&CK.
In your opinion, what effect will halving have on the price in April? Is it already baked in or will it give a little shock?

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
IMO, it will continue to steadily go up, then there will be a decent pullback when it hits in April.
When does it happen in April? I’ve already banked some fantastic profits, but still have a sizeable investment in BTCC ETF. Not certain if I want to take profit before the halving or just leave the money in

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Flash crash?

Buying opportunity under 70K.

Edit: Bought $250 on the dip at 69.997, it's already up to 71.154.

At this point, I don't consider it buying Bitcoin, I consider it selling the US Dollar.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Flash crash?

Buying opportunity under 70K.

Edit: Bought $250 on the dip at 69.997, it's already up to 71.154.

At this point, I don't consider it buying Bitcoin, I consider it selling the US Dollar.
Until you sell it for US Dollars down the line. I think you all are fooling yourselves if you think this’ll be a replacement currency.

dieselbaby

Mar 12, 2024
ETH ETFs looking like they are getting approved very soon...Not sure the date but you know that's going to help boost things even more....Make sure you got your seat belt on...

When BTC was at 40k I was hoping for a pull back and think it would happen to 30k where I was going to unload on it...Now, not sure what to do...Maybe still unload and just accept it ? Maybe DCA it ?
Given that we're still a few weeks out from the next halving, and most people (the people who are being realistic, in my opinion, anyway) have their estimates on a target BTC price for this timeframe to hit somewhere around $127k -- which I don't think is too exaggerated, personally -- I would say that if you are in this long-term, to consider DCAing, or, to purchase the bulk of what you were considering getting now and then add in further with DCAing down the line. I think that after the halving event happens, we'll see the inevitable pullback that we have seen in the past, but, with each cycle it grows less and less severe, and this time, we have the institutional money truly in with the ETFs for Bitcoin, and soon, ETH, so I expect that any such pullbacks are going to be much more mild.

The downside to all of this institutional money, is that the kind of crazy gains we are currently seeing, especially with BTC/ETH, is likely something that's going to fade out in the coming years. I think most altcoins will still have crazy volatility but as the whole asset class of crypto continues to mature, there's going to be less volatility in general; especially with anything that has an actual use case beyond just speculation.

Until you sell it for US Dollars down the line. I think you all are fooling yourselves if you think this’ll be a replacement currency.
Oh yeah, definitely. I've "been in" bitcoin for a very long time, however, unlike a lot of the bitcoin maximalist types that I know who have been in that scene for a similarly long amount of time, I am under no allusions whatsoever that BTC is going to (or should) replace the US dollar. Of course, I am not a fan of the continued depreciation that happens with our dollars, but Bitcoin itself is hardly the answer for multiple reasons -- technological (the bitcoin network is absolutely abysmal in terms of the technical performance/transaction throughput, etc. and would never, ever be capable of replacing even something like a traditional payment processor like VISA or mastercard, let alone a national fiat currency) as well as economical.

Economically is the more interesting thing to me, as there are blockchains and blockchain-like networks (DAG or directed acyclic graph networks, or DLT/distributed ledger technology networks) which have provably scaled to handle an immense amount of concurrent transactions -- some as high as 30, 40 thousand transactions per second with the ability to scale several orders of magnitude higher, which exist already, and the tech these rely upon will only continue to improve. Economically though, I think that Bitcoin has some fundamental flaws, especially when it comes to being used as a currency, this is why it has basically transitioned into the whole "store of value" narrative that sees it as similar to digital gold by most, it's not being used for transacting and actual payments by the vast majority of people.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm torn on whether I want to lock in some gains before halving since I'm a long HODLer. I probably won't unless the conviction toward the dip is strong.

It does seem probable that there will be a market correction around that time, plus with crypto not being subject to wash sale rules, one could probably turn a quick profit by selling and buying back. If it goes well, I could probably scalp a few grand. But the downside is if I sell a bunch and it keeps going up, not only am I holding the bag of lost gains, but due to the FIFO cost basis I'd be on the hook for a lot of taxes the next year to boot.

I'm conservative in my aggressiveness, and the negatives seem to outweigh the positives in this gamble so I likely won't.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Looks like another Trump coin ready to explode...They just got listed on CG 2 hours ago...Getting listed on BitMart tomorrow...27 mill MC...giving. 08% of transactions to the Trump Campaign...Not one red flag on DexScreener.
Screenshot_20240314_091612_CoinGecko.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad