Which of the 16 Playoff Teams Has the 10 Hardest Last Names to Spell

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'll throw my vote in on the Florida Panthers (not all names may be playing this is just from the roster list on sportsnet.ca). There are several difficult- to- spell last name lists thats for sure:

- Balinskis
- Bjornfot
- Gadjovich
- Luostarinen
- Mikkola
- Okuliar
- Sourdif
- Stolarz
- Verhaeghe
- Vilmanis

What team has the top 10 hardest to spell last names let alone pronounce in your opinion?

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I don't think Colorado competes here.

Nichushkin, Mittelstadt, Lehkonen, Georgiev, sure.

Annunen? Kiviranta? Kovalenko? Yeah, those probably count. Maybe Toews too.

But after that, all we've got are like Duhaime, Cogliano, and a bunch of easy ones.

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Just going the other way with this, but I one day would like to see a team where everyone is named Smith, (Honestly it doesn't matter what the surname is) just to listen to the commentary.... added bonus if several of them have the same first name. :laugh:
Smith, to Jones, back to Smith. Over to Jones. Jones dumps it down low to Williams, who centers to Wilson who scores!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just going the other way with this, but I one day would like to see a team where everyone is named Smith, (Honestly it doesn't matter what the surname is) just to listen to the commentary.... added bonus if several of them have the same first name. :laugh:

It feels like there's a The Smiths joke in here somewhere :sarcasm:

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Easy to spell - Miller, Cole, Myers, Juulsen, Demko, DeSmith, Friedman, Lindholm, Garland, Hoglander, Joshua, Suter

Might cause some difficulty - Hughes, Aman, Boeser, Blueger, Hughes, Pettersson, Aman, Hughes, Zadorov, Hronek

Harder - Mikheyev, Podkolzin, SIlovs

Can't spell without Google - Di Giuseppe

Pretty easy to spell Canucks players names

Drops of Jupiter

Dec 8, 2022
Easy to spell - Miller, Cole, Myers, Juulsen, Demko, DeSmith, Friedman, Lindholm, Garland, Hoglander, Joshua, Suter

Might cause some difficulty - Hughes, Aman, Boeser, Blueger, Hughes, Pettersson, Aman, Hughes, Zadorov, Hronek

You forgot to list Hughes and Aman

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Does Skjei count as 2?

Actually if I'm being honest Kotkaniemi's name (after his big hit on Clutterbuck) inspired this thread, as I gave up trying to spell his name in the live GDT that day lol.

Then last night I got Verhaeghe's name wrong after looking it up even and I was like that's it, I'm making a thread.

I would have got Jewelson wrong

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The Oilers and all those hoser names that are difficult to spell and pronounce.

B... Brown? What the hell? Named after a color?

Kane. What is this guy... Biblical?

Hyman. Why is that y in there? Go with an actual vowel.

McDavid. You're the best player in the League... how about having a name that's easy for the NHL's world wide fan base? Like MacDonaldsonikonvski.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If we include prospects:

I'd go Carolina

Carolina
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Pyotr Kochetkov
Teuvo Teravainen
Andrei Svechnikov
Stanislav Yarovoi
Aleksi Heimosalmi
Ruslan Khazheyev
Brady Skjei
Jake Guentzel
Tuukka Tieksola

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I think Washington has to be the hardest because I don't know half the players on the damn team.

1714489991201.png

Just a gruesome list of names

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad