Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Me neither tbh.. Kinda new to cryptoworld, and the BCH scare made me wanna switch up some assets into Ether. Ill give it a couple days before I contact support.

Make sure you don't just have a buy order in. You have to remember you are basically selling your BCH to a person in return for his ETH. So if you have a buy order in to sell, for example, 10 BCH for 100 ETH at $300 an Eth(just made up numbers), then you're not going to get that order completed because nobody is selling their ETH for that price. You would have to increase it to around whatever the current price for eth is ($335).

Or you can leave it at $300 and wait and hope it goes back down there, then someone will buy your BCH for the price of eth you are willing to pay.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Make sure you don't just have a buy order in. You have to remember you are basically selling your BCH to a person in return for his ETH. So if you have a buy order in to sell, for example, 10 BCH for 100 ETH at $300 an Eth(just made up numbers), then you're not going to get that order completed because nobody is selling their ETH for that price. You would have to increase it to around whatever the current price for eth is ($335).

Or you can leave it at $300 and wait and hope it goes back down there, then someone will buy your BCH for the price of eth you are willing to pay.
Gotcha... Ill give it a double check. Thanks

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
NVO is 8 cents... What happened?

Someone sold 100 NVST to drop the price. Due to the low volume right now, that happens. The coin market cap price is never correct. It is best to use the price on Xchain (which as of right now is .48c) .
NVST Asset Information

I've been following this for a while. The same few people will drop 50-100 NVST at a really low price in an attempt to drop the price and induce a panic sell.

The people who hold the most are accumulating more. Some people were a bit frustrated that the wallet was delayed past their original release date and decided to dump their holdings. Its mostly people who held small amounts. There is another skype call with the devs either tomorrow or Friday. The exchange is still well on track. The only reason the wallet was delayed is because of how they decided to implement the coins. Doing some extra work on the front end to make things much easier on the back end.

Still waiting for WTC to have the value that it should. Good to see OMG rising. BTC back up. This whole war between BTC and BCH seems to be subsiding.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Probably going to dump my NVO when it's over .80 again. Just not enough volume and doesn't seem to be picking up much steam over the months. Feel like this will turn into one of the failed projects sooner or later.

Someone selling 100 NVO and that causes it to drop to .08 is pretty alarming.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Probably going to dump my NVO when it's over .80 again. Just not enough volume and doesn't seem to be picking up much steam over the months. Feel like this will turn into one of the failed projects sooner or later.

Someone selling 100 NVO and that causes it to drop to .08 is pretty alarming.

Part of the issue is the counterparty exchange. Bitcoin fees were $40 per trade over the weekend Its definitely a bit frustrating. The wallet release should pump it to $2. Would still be a very nice profit.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Here's the thing @WagonWheel33 , there is ~$15 million in it for the devs to get this done. 80%+ of the ICO funds are still in escrow. They raised 7 million during the ICO and due to the increase in BTC + Alts since then, the total is now worth $15 million (roughly). If they don't complete the project, they don't get paid.

Look at OTN - There wallet won't even be released until February and they are already at $50 per. They don't offer a dividend or anything. Once wallet is out for NVST and the project is off counterparty, there is no reason this token should be less than $2, likely $3-4.

Its tricky because if you release the wallet while still on counterparty, you potentially limit momentum since that network sucks for trading. With Bitcoin fees being so high, volume is low. By finding an exchange to get NVST listed on and releasing the wallet, you set yourself up for an OTN like rise. That is at least the way I see it. Bittrex is being problematic because they are pulling coins that pay any dividends. It gets expensive for them to monitor from a legal standpoint.

At the end of the day, you have to do whats right for you. But if I recall correctly, you were able to join the slack before the limit was reached. They should be doing another skype call with the investors tomorrow or Friday. I'll let you know when it happens if you want to join.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
LSK hit an ATH of $8.65 (+~25% over 24 hours) earlier today, ahead of its November 22 announcement regarding a rebrand/SDK release/dApp development. Glad I liquidated ARK (which, again, is still good but there's a shit load of manipulation going on) instead of this when I bought more NVO a few weeks ago.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
LSK hit an ATH of $8.65 (+~25% over 24 hours) earlier today, ahead of its November 22 announcement regarding a rebrand/SDK release/dApp development. Glad I liquidated ARK (which, again, is still good but there's a **** load of manipulation going on) instead of this when I bought more NVO a few weeks ago.

Damn I was eyeing Lisk because of the upcoming rebrand. Stuck holding some NULs. Will probably dump it and buy GVT on Etherdelta. All things point to it being the next Confido.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
LSK hit an ATH of $8.65 (+~25% over 24 hours) earlier today, ahead of its November 22 announcement regarding a rebrand/SDK release/dApp development. Glad I liquidated ARK (which, again, is still good but there's a **** load of manipulation going on) instead of this when I bought more NVO a few weeks ago.

I had Lisk and a decent amount too. I got tired of waiting for it to pump. Le sigh...

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I had Lisk and a decent amount too. I got tired of waiting for it to pump. Le sigh...

Yeah, it's been a bit of a long time coming. I almost had weak hands a few times, and I could see this being a bit of a "buy the rumor..." sort of deal, but I'm glad to see it finally getting a bit of recognition.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Google called Lisk's marketing team so I think that played a part in the bump.

Then again it could also pump big like when Antshares rebranded to NEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad