Crosby vs the flyers (crosby is too good for this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Not that I’m seriously engaging in this debate.. but we all know how gross Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron is/would be.

As hockey fans... we all deserve to see that for a season.
Pastrnak is great, don't get me wrong, but a Marchand - Bergeron/Crosby line (can't decide whom plays centre) would make grown men cry.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Pastrnak is great, don't get me wrong, but a Marchand - Bergeron/Crosby line (can't decide whom plays centre) would make grown men cry.

They already did at the World Cup, and Crosby dominated and won the MVP with compatible line mates for perhaps the first time in a Canadian jersey.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Crosby played center when this line was assembled at the World Cup and they absolutely dominated.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
They already did at the World Cup, and Crosby dominated and won the MVP with compatible line mates for perhaps the first time in a Canadian jersey.

Crosby played center when this line was assembled at the World Cup and they absolutely dominated.

They were like men against boys in a best on best tournament. Can't imagine what they'd do to the league. Was just quoting a not serious post about Pasta vs. Syd.

I think the Pens and Bruins should lend those three to Arizona or somewhere just so we could all tune in and watch them dismantle the league.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

I agree.

Here here... Pittsburgh should loan Crosby to Boston for 1 year for the good of all hockey and the spectacle it would be. ;)

Sid is the best of today, has been for the last decade... top 5 best players of all time

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017

I agree but Crosby would clearly play centre

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

That line was utterly ruthless. Beautiful to watch. One of the (many) reasons I love international hockey is seeing how those elite players can click with new teammates and that one didn't disappoint.

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
I'm still absolutely chapped that he couldn't have his one magical season from 2009-2013 when he was in his prime and would have put up 130+ points. Those damn injuries. 2010/11 Crosby was the best player the league has seen for 20 years since Lemieux in 95/96.

But I would settle for back to back to back Conn Smythes ;)

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
He just wants his case of tastykakes, more especially now that Kessel is on board.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He’s come a long way but I remember the game where he poke checked the glove away. That was funny as hell
$

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm still absolutely chapped that he couldn't have his one magical season from 2009-2013 when he was in his prime and would have put up 130+ points. Those damn injuries. 2010/11 Crosby was the best player the league has seen for 20 years since Lemieux in 95/96.

But I would settle for back to back to back Conn Smythes ;)

I'm not saying Crosby this season (or last) could have topped his 2011 season - but I think in terms of "ability" he's not that far off from what he was back then. I think the difference now is he's being smarter, pacing himself, and even holding back.

I've said it all year i think he's holding back for the playoffs.
When the pens were in danger of missing playoffs (Dec/Jan) - it wasn't Malkin's hot stretch that propelled back into place. It was Crosby. Crosby got hot before Malkin did, went on a tremendous scoring streak, Pens started winning games and climbing up in the standings and then...he slowed down. Malkin got hot too of course and stayed hot for much longer, but I think it was Crosby who was the catalyst before Malkin (think Malkin was even injured for those few games). Now that games matter again, he's on fire.

I'll full admit my commentary is based on nothing more than stat watching. I didn't watch him play this year, I only followed his individual stats and his team's standing. But by looking at only those 2 - it's easy to think he's been holding back this year saving himself for the playoffs.

Not surprised to see him go on a tear early on.

Reactions: LuG61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad