Crosby vs the flyers (crosby is too good for this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Everyone is surely out to get him.

I don't think anyone is out to get him.

I think it's a symptom of jealousy and a rep that won't shake.

He's been the best player in the world for a few years and, any year he wasn't, he was top 3. He came into the league with some maturity issues and people won't let them go.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Everyone is surely out to get him.

theres literally pictures in this thread of an NHL team filling the urinals at their arena with pictures of crosby so the fans can piss on him. If thats not unjustified hate then i'm not really sure what is

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Yep, that tweet screams BS to me and I aint buying it.

There were several different tweets with different Crosby urinal pictures out there. But it was obviously the work of one fan or a small group trying to be funny.

The Flyers organization came out and denied any part of it.

I assumed, when posting it, people would understand that it had nothing to do with the team or anyone working at the arena. I don't think any professional working for the team or at the arena in their right mind would do that.

Anyway.... here's a pretty brutal article, but enjoyable reading depending on who anyone is rooting for...
Sidney Crosby once again leaves the Flyers and their fans all wet | Mike Sielski - Philly

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
It happened in DC before.

Right around the same time a group of Caps fans were passing out pacifiers to mock Crosby. Became being an adult sucking on a pacifier makes the other person look bad.

I remember this. If I recall correctly, that game went to a shootout and Crosby scored the winning goal.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Flyer fans better hope Crosby never stops "sucking" when he plays them...apparently if he played well theyd get crushed so hard they might have to fold the franchise and start over lol

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I really wish people would stop and appreciate the player. Crosby is a top player ever to have played the game at a competitive level. All he's ever done is show up on the big stage over and over again. All he knows how to do is win. When all is said and done and his career is over he will be in the same breath as Mario, Howe and Gretz. Appreciate what we're all seeing here, people. He's as close to a playing legend as there can be and most of us will likely never see it again in our lives.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Change Crosby is too good for the Flyers then

We will see how Crosby performs vs Bruins (if both make it)
here's hoping he gets the chance. Last time was obviously not great, I'm sure he'd like another go at it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Here's hoping for no more letdowns vs the Flyers.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
There were several different tweets with different Crosby urinal pictures out there. But it was obviously the work of one fan or a small group trying to be funny.

The Flyers organization came out and denied any part of it.

I assumed, when posting it, people would understand that it had nothing to do with the team or anyone working at the arena. I don't think any professional working for the team or at the arena in their right mind would do that.

Anyway.... here's a pretty brutal article, but enjoyable reading depending on who anyone is rooting for...
Sidney Crosby once again leaves the Flyers and their fans all wet | Mike Sielski - Philly
Holy shit that part about Flyers fans bemoaning Crosby’s line-treading, after glorifying Clarke and co. for years, is so accurate.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Got to be Washington

Philly did get the better of Crosby once. Washington can’t even say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad