Value of: Crosby to the Sabres?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Pretty much this but with that Mittelstadt feller I can't really see Crosby on the Avs now unless he agrees to play wing, but you don't get one of the best players in the NHL all time to change positions. Maybe Boston to play with the other BFF Marchand.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Pretty much this but with that Mittelstadt feller I can't really see Crosby on the Avs now unless he agrees to play wing, but you don't get one of the best players in the NHL all time to change positions. Maybe Boston to play with the other BFF Marchand.
If Crosby agrees to a trade to Colorado, Casey Freaking Middlestadt ain't in the middle of shit anymore.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
If the Sabres would have done something this year, then maybe it would make a little sense. But Crosby isn't going to want to come to Buffalo where they still haven't made the playoffs, and Buffalo isn't trading away future assets to get Crosby who probably only had a couple years left in the tank. He'd end up in Tampa or on the Rangers or something.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They have plenty of guys with W/C ability. Sid wont move to Wing but Mittelstadt could, or even Mackinnon could.

Or they just run Mackinnon-Crosby-Mittelstadt down the middle and shift Colton to the wing.

If Crosby wants to come to Colorado, they'll make it work. No doubt about that.

Reactions: 66-30-33

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I would honestly see Toronto, Winnipeg or Colorado sooner.

That said, while recognizing Crosby’s alleged frustrations, I don’t see him ditching the Pens for anything less than a Cup, and most likely one in Canada.

The only Canadian competing teams not in PST/MST are the Jets and Leafs. He would almost make sense as a Jet, somehow. Sounds weird and looks weird in my head, but if he wanted to bring a Cup back North, it would make some sense.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They have plenty of guys with W/C ability. Sid wont move to Wing but Mittelstadt could, or even Mackinnon could.

Or they just run Mackinnon-Crosby-Mittelstadt down the middle and shift Colton to the wing.

If Crosby wants to come to Colorado, they'll make it work. No doubt about that.
MacKinnon-Crosby-Rantanen would be lethal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Crosby leaves the Pens, it's either the Avs or Habs. Only reason why I say the Habs is he cheered for the Habs as a kid. More likely, it will be the Avs, in my opinion.

MacKinnon-Crosby-Rantanen would be lethal.

On the PP yes. At 5/5, best to have Crosby play 2C behind Mackinnon at his age.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Lol, why would he ever go to that utter failure of an organization? Crosby likes to win, he'd get pissed off at the lack of professionalism in Buffalo.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hypothetically speaking if the pens wanted to start a full teardown rebuild Sabres are a team that could benefit from Crosby and have enough pieces where it doesn't gut the core. What does it take?

Think of something painful. Then add to it.

Unprotected 2024 1st
Zach Benson
Mattias Samuelsson
Anton Wahlberg

Even at 37, he'd be your best player.

• Haha
Reactions: tsujimoto74

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
One year of Crosby? Two would be better. He would be an ideal centre for the Sabres and perfect for the PP. What would I give? Samuelsson, Rosen, 1st round pick 2024 and a 2025 second. Rather keep Sammy

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Colorado
Edmonton
Montreal
Maybe Rangers.

Literally the only teams I could possibly see him go to. If he's going somewhere he has a personal connection to the team or is trying to win.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I would not send any top prospects out for Crosby.
Which is part of the reason this trade makes no sense. The Penguins aren't going to trade Crosby unless they receive young talent and the Sabres aren't going to trade for an older player when they are not one guy away from being a Stanley Cup contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad