Value of: Crosby to the Sabres?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I mean Buffalo in its current state is better than anything Dubas is gunna turn the Penguins into, so it's not entirely outlandish. But I think there's better places for him to go.

Crosby blocks this.
Honestly, if he’s not retiring in Pits, then I think he’d want to go to a Canadian team.
Somewhere he could help bring the Cup back home to Canada.
Why would he wanna waste his last few years on a shitty Canadian team? Vancouver is the only one that possibly looks capable of doing some damage in the playoffs.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I mean Buffalo in its current state is better than anything Dubas is gunna turn the Penguins into, so it's not entirely outlandish. But I think there's better places for him to go.

Why would he wanna waste his last few years on a shitty Canadian team? Vancouver is the only one that possibly looks capable of doing some damage in the playoffs.
Bringing the Cup back home to Canada would solidify his status in Canada long after he retires.. he’s got WJ Gold, Olympic Gold, and has multiple Cups with the Pens, but winning a cup in Canada… HUGE

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Bringing the Cup back home to Canada would solidify his status in Canada long after he retires.. he’s got WJ Gold, Olympic Gold, and has multiple Cups with the Pens, but winning a cup in Canada… HUGE
If McDavid in his prime can't bring the cup to Canada, why would a 36 yr old Crosby be able to? And I say this as someone who really likes and respects Sid... but as shown in Pittsburgh even he can't drag a shit team to the playoffs anymore

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It's a hypothetical but Sabres have a very good d core that is still young with a talented but underperforming top six he would give us more depth and would definitely help this team make the playoffs and a chance at the cup

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It's a hypothetical but Sabres have a very good d core that is still young with a talented but underperforming top six he would give us more depth and would definitely help this team make the playoffs and a chance at the cup

No disrespect and more like a general comment, but I think that IF Crosby ever moves, it will be to a team that doesn't need help to make the playoffs but has a good chance to win a cup even without Sid.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
No disrespect and more like a general comment, but I think that IF Crosby ever moves, it will be to a team that doesn't need help to make the playoffs but has a good chance to win a cup even without Sid.
I think this is the big thing, if Crosby moves which I have an incredibly hard time seeing, it would to be to play meaningful hockey like in an Avs situation

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's very clearly Colorado or Pittsburgh. With 99% being Pittsburgh.
Pretty much this but with that Mittelstadt feller I can't really see Crosby on the Avs now unless he agrees to play wing, but you don't get one of the best players in the NHL all time to change positions. Maybe Boston to play with the other BFF Marchand.

Reactions: wintersej

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver is the only one that possibly looks capable of doing some damage in the playoffs.
Lol Lindholm sign + trade, Lekkerimaki + Raty or 2nd? Jonathan's honestly better than any late first we can pony up, and if Elias can go to you guys in order to bring 87 to us then I'd say sign us up (Raty's included because he's our best center prospect).

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Crosby can pick his spot, why would he pick Buffalo? There's at least a half dozen locations which are more attractive and could also reasonably have the assets and cap space to acquire him. Not to mention that, if Crosby were seriously on the market, several other teams would make trades, buyouts etc to fit him in.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Lol Lindholm sign + trade, Lekkerimaki + Raty or 2nd? Jonathan's honestly better than any late first we can pony up, and if Elias can go to you guys in order to bring 87 to us then I'd say sign us up (Raty's included because he's our best center prospect).
I don't know what I've done to give the impression I'm a Pens fan. Gross

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
In the twilight of his career I doubt he’d wanna go to Buffalo.

It’s a cool place, but if Sid was considering going there he’d need to talk to a neurologist first.

He can retire a forever hero in Pitts, he can buddy up with Mac, or he can try to play hero for a cursed franchise, potentially hurting his legacy and playing far too close to Littsburgh. Ya, no chance.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Do the Sabres have enough pieces to get Crosby? Yes.

Would Crosby want to go to BUF in the twilight of his career? No.

Reactions: Zman5778

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Pretty much this but with that Mittelstadt feller I can't really see Crosby on the Avs now unless he agrees to play wing, but you don't get one of the best players in the NHL all time to change positions. Maybe Boston to play with the other BFF Marchand.
You think the Avs brain trust is going to lean in favor of Mittelstadt playing center over arguable a top 10 all-time center? The Avs would trade Mittelstadt in the trade to get Crosby in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 66-30-33

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Mitts has been playing with corpses as 3C and done a good job.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad