Crosby-Kessel beef. Fact or fiction?

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
turnbuckle said:
I've heard on more than one occasion that Skille and J. Johnson aren't fans of Kessel.

I was told by an NHL executive recently that after one tourney the two Jacks gave a jersey to a mentally challenged fellow who had helped them out with the towels and stuff. Johnson and Skille signed the jersey and passed it around for their teammates to sign as a token of their appreciation. When the sweater came back there were two signatures missing - Kessel's and Mueller's, and they were giggling like school kids. Needless to say Johnson and Skille were not impressed, let them know and made them sign the sweater.

If the top three picks are Johnson, Staal and Backstrom/Toews, might Chicago consider Toews/Backstrom over Kessel in part because of a rift between Kessel and Skille? Don't think that things like that aren't highly considered by scouts either.

Character is a very important factor, and the scout I talked to and others have Kessel our of the top four in large part because of character questions - none of them question his skill. Not to downgrade the players who might be picked ahead of him - EJ is on his own level (he's going first overall), and Staal may be as talented (though not as fast) as Kessel given the age difference.

That's terrible. If Shane Endicott takes the time to help your team out with towels and stuff, the least you can do is sign a jersey for him.

:shakehead

jaydub*

turnbuckle said:
I've heard on more than one occasion that Skille and J. Johnson aren't fans of Kessel.

I was told by an NHL executive recently that after one tourney the two Jacks gave a jersey to a mentally challenged fellow who had helped them out with the towels and stuff. Johnson and Skille signed the jersey and passed it around for their teammates to sign as a token of their appreciation. When the sweater came back there were two signatures missing - Kessel's and Mueller's, and they were giggling like school kids. Needless to say Johnson and Skille were not impressed, let them know and made them sign the sweater.

If the top three picks are Johnson, Staal and Backstrom/Toews, might Chicago consider Toews/Backstrom over Kessel in part because of a rift between Kessel and Skille? Don't think that things like that aren't highly considered by scouts either.

Character is a very important factor, and the scout I talked to and others have Kessel our of the top four in large part because of character questions - none of them question his skill. Not to downgrade the players who might be picked ahead of him - EJ is on his own level (he's going first overall), and Staal may be as talented (though not as fast) as Kessel given the age difference.
Staal is not as talented. If Kessel was Staal's size with his talent, he would be for sure the #1 pick.

Transported Upstater

illogic said:
That's terrible. If Shane Endicott takes the time to help your team out with towels and stuff, the least you can do is sign a jersey for him.

:shakehead

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad