Proposal: Crazy MIN - DET deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Warning! This is the mix of my previous ideas, it's so crazy that it's almost an alchemy, if you don't like that, you can always use "ignore thread" button.

With that being said, the actual deal takes into consideration following facts:
1) Detroit desperately needs to improve their defence,
2) Brennan Menell didn't crack the Minnesota Wild roster yet and will be 24 in May.
3) If Menell fails in Detroit, then it turns out that he wasn't good enough for NHL.

However, this isn't your typical "prospect for pick" deal because my crazy idea is following:

DET gets rights to Brennan Menell,

MIN gets the right to swap 2022 1st round picks (lottery-protected, if pick ends up in top 2, Minnesota gets 2023 swap with the same protection and if that pick ends up top 2 as well, Minnesota gets 2023 2nd round pick DET while ofc keeping their own pick).

Obviously I didn't involve 2021 picks since Minnesota is doing very well and Detroit is a bottom five team so the value would favor Minnesota way too much.

What do you think?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Personally, I think someone should call your mommy so she can limit your screen time or give you a prolonged time out.

Reactions: go4hockey

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
LMFAO, Since when is RD a need for Detroit? RD is our strongest strength and for a guy that will be 24 years old next month and would be on our bottom pairing. Even Yzerman isn't that stupid Detroit easily declines.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I guess here is our daily HF hypothetical trade involving Detroit that makes no sense..

Stay tuned for tomorrow's proposal where the thread mentions Dylan Larkin to Calgary for Milan Lucic and a 2nd round pick.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I guess here is our daily HF hypothetical trade involving Detroit that makes no sense..

Stay tuned for tomorrow's proposal where the thread mentions Dylan Larkin to Calgary for Milan Lucic and a 2nd round pick.
You sure that isn't, "Calgary gets the option to swap 2nds"?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Warning! This is the mix of my previous ideas, it's so crazy that it's almost an alchemy, if you don't like that, you can always use "ignore thread" button.

With that being said, the actual deal takes into consideration following facts:
1) Detroit desperately needs to improve their defence,
2) Brennan Menell didn't crack the Minnesota Wild roster yet and will be 24 in May.
3) If Menell fails in Detroit, then it turns out that he wasn't good enough for NHL.

However, this isn't your typical "prospect for pick" deal because my crazy idea is following:

DET gets rights to Brennan Menell,

MIN gets the right to swap 2022 1st round picks (lottery-protected, if pick ends up in top 2, Minnesota gets 2023 swap with the same protection and if that pick ends up top 2 as well, Minnesota gets 2023 2nd round pick DET while ofc keeping their own pick).

Obviously I didn't involve 2021 picks since Minnesota is doing very well and Detroit is a bottom five team so the value would favor Minnesota way too much.

What do you think?
Crappy 24 year old prospects don’t carry this much value. Try 3rd round pick swap instead. Which has minor value to Minnesota to account for the minor value player Detroit gets.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Crappy 24 year old prospects don’t carry this much value. Try 3rd round pick swap instead. Which has minor value to Minnesota to account for the minor value player Detroit gets.

I fully understand that Menell doesn't have a ton of value league wide, and the number of Menell threads OP makes is entirely excessive, but fighting it with ignorance probably isn't very productive either.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
This is the 2nd thread I've seen involving the Brenen Menell name.
My first thought is who the hell is that... a nobody?
Lets see who he is on hockey db.....Small (5'11) offensive RD defensemen. Decent/Good production in AHL/KHL. Was never drafted.

My first thought is I would offer a 4th or 5th round pick for him.
Or who knows, probably don't care or don't want him at all.

I mean sell me on how this guy will even make the NHL? Small offensive D men fail to make the NHL all the time.

P.S. Our needs are:

Center, LD, Goalies. We are pretty good on wingers, and our most solid position (because of Seider) is RD.

P.P.S. Is his ELC or rights expiring? Couldn't we just sign him for free next year?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is the 2nd thread I've seen involving the Brenen Menell name.
My first thought is who the hell is that... a nobody?
Lets see who he is on hockey db.....Small (5'11) offensive RD defensemen. Decent/Good production in AHL/KHL. Was never drafted.

My first thought is I would offer a 4th or 5th round pick for him.
Or who knows, probably don't care or don't want him at all.

I mean sell me on how this guy will even make the NHL? Small offensive D men fail to make the NHL all the time.

P.S. Our needs are:

Center, LD, Goalies. We are pretty good on wingers, and our most solid position (because of Seider) is RD.

It's not even about that. Sell me on how he's gonna make the NHL, and beat out Hronek and Seider to a degree that Detroit would swap 1sts with Minnesota. :laugh:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Detroit offers to swap 6th round picks for his rights. He has aged out of being a prospect and is really more of a flyer on a FA who has never been good enough for an NHL job even on a average Wild team.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
It's not even about that. Sell me on how he's gonna make the NHL, and beat out Hronek and Seider to a degree that Detroit would swap 1sts with Minnesota. :laugh:

Oh yes that goes without saying... Swapping firsts with a rebuilding team is a deal that would never ever be entertained by Detroit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Detroit offers to swap 6th round picks for his rights. He has aged out of being a prospect and is really more of a flyer on a FA who has never been good enough for an NHL job even on a average Wild team.

This is the kind of ignorance that makes you look worse than either Menell or the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad