Injury Report: Crawford (head)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
-
****ing dammit!

Please just retire Crow. Don't throw away your life for this. It's not worth it.
God dammit. He's got his name on the Cup twice and is 3rd all time in wins in Blackhawks history. I'm not sure he could ask for any more out of his career. We all would have liked him to get a Vezina, but it just wasn't meant to be.
I doubt he's going to throw away $9M so he should tell them he's not playing anymore and take his money. He can retire after the 19-20 season and the Hawks can stash him on LTIR until then. The only way he should retire now is if he gets his money anyway.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
-
God dammit. He's got his name on the Cup twice and is 3rd all time in wins in Blackhawks history. I'm not sure he could ask for any more out of his career. We all would have liked him to get a Vezina, but it just wasn't meant to be.
I doubt he's going to throw away $9M so he should tell them he's not playing anymore and take his money. He can retire after the 19-20 season and the Hawks can stash him on LTIR until then. The only way he should retire now is if he gets his money anyway.
When I and others say 'retire' we mean go on LTIR for the remainder of his contract. Dude's earned that much. But I just don't know if I can stomach seeing him go through this again and trying to get back to playing, not after how bad the last one was.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
When I and others say 'retire' we mean go on LTIR for the remainder of his contract. Dude's earned that much. But I just don't know if I can stomach seeing him go through this again and trying to get back to playing, not after how bad the last one was.
Agreed, Corey is a warrior and he deserves every penny of that contract he got from the Hawks. He really needs to not play hockey anymore. LTIRetirement is the right move for him. Corey should take his $36M and go be a dad. I'm sure the Hawks would give him a job as a team ambassador until he figures out what else he wants to do in retirement.
Hearing how tough it was on him over the past year saddens me. What is also sad is it is almost exactly one year since the last time he got hurt.
Godspeed, Corey.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Knew it the moment he came to a rest on the ice, you could see it in his face and the way he reacted.

Sure hope Crow gets healthy and has a somewhat normal life moving forward.

He needs to retire, life is far more important than stopping pucks.

I have had 2 concussions diagnosed and likely 3 or 4 not diagnosed before they became something that was dealt with and not just fluffed off.

I recall the struggles and am very cautious and in fact don't bother with a number of activities' anymore that could result in concussions.

Get well crow

PrairieDayz

Mar 22, 2015
Dallas
If there's any doubt Crow, don't come back with this team in front of you b/c it will happen again probably sooner than later....park your competitive drive and enjoy life...you've earned it....btw. somebody should have dropped E. Kane...he deserved it.....

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Don't come back Corey. You have 1 year old son who needs you healthy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
What is the league's stance on an LTIRed player becoming an assistant coach? Because Colliton has a bunch of trash as assistant coaches and if Crow can't go anymore, I'd be oddly interested in JC giving Crow a similar opportunity next season as what he got a few years ago when he ended his playing career due to concussions.

And while that seems insane and I fully believe it would never happen for multiple reasons, at least in this hypothetical scenario the team would get an assistant coach that would have an idea of WTF is wrong defensively and on the PK.

Colliton/Crawford 2019!

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Say what you will about Manning, but there’s no doubt he would have gone after Kane sometime after the hit. He’s a true warrior and a great teammate.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
If Crawford is out long term (or retires as some are alluding to), Ward being so bad, and the team doing quite poorly in the standings, do you think the team goes out and acquires someone or just calls up one of the AHL goalies?

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Say what you will about Manning, but there’s no doubt he would have gone after Kane sometime after the hit. He’s a true warrior and a great teammate.
ref Kane hit, that was an accident and unintended ...... actually if you look at the replay, it was mostly the Bhawks d-men more than kane's hit.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If Crawford is out long term (or retires as some are alluding to), Ward being so bad, and the team doing quite poorly in the standings, do you think the team goes out and acquires someone or just calls up one of the AHL goalies?
you beat me to this point, Ward can not, based on his play this yr, be the sole primary goalie for the Bhawks.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ref to head injuries, this is not football where there is a continuous pounding that the body-head goes thru. but still it is more of a concussion as the end results that gets me. i keep thinking of the medical term called CTE. CTE and how it affects all players ....... how many concussion have CC had ??

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Crow's own teammates said it was a clean play and downplayed the need for retaliation. It was an accident.

Uh, first off it was definitely a push and therefore a "hit" of sorts, no?

So, you're saying "There's no need for retaliation" from a clean hit that caused a concussion by delivering another clean hit to send a message?

...okay

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Uh, first off it was definitely a push and therefore a "hit" of sorts, no?

So, you're saying "There's no need for retaliation" from a clean hit that caused a concussion by delivering another clean hit to send a message?

...okay
there was a time in the past, the 80"s and 90's where there would have been a huge confrontation when a player from the other team would even touch the goalie.....

this era of nhl, i really do not see that .... ahhhh protection the team will do.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well i am going to go where some may not have written ..... who will the Bhawks bring up. will they bring up Collin Delia > 24 yrs old, games played this yr > 17 game played, with a GAA of 2.34 at RFD. or will they bring up Anton Forsberg > 26 yrs old, > 9 games played > with a GAA of 2.62 at RFD

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point the talk needs to be about Corey's longterm health not the game of hockey

Hopefully when his condition improves the Hawks , Doctors , Corey and his family sit down and discuss the next step whatever that may be

Reactions: Blue Liner

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
At this point the talk needs to be about Corey's longterm health not the game of hockey

Hopefully when his condition improves the Hawks , Doctors , Corey and his family sit down and discuss the next step whatever that may be
the one thing i have always didn't ever consider or even thought of..... the after effect of head injuries in sports. now this main injury is in play and i saw it on the movie with Will Smith on concussion for players.

so at this point, i am at lost and hope for the best.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Just hoping he gets healthy again. Would be an added bonus if he ever gets back into the blue paint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad